Pav's Albi Blue 197T

thanks Chris..think it will..been in touch with oilman and this was on offer..£35 delivered..think thats decent

so the car passed its MOT today with no problems..had to take off my witch which was dangling on my rear mirror :-p..
apart from that everything was spot on...the car had new oil and filter put in..drives really nice..
the only thing that annoys me is my center silencer..it rattles around 2,000 rpm only..any advice welcome..

27052015087.jpg
27052015088.jpg
27052015089.jpg
27052015090.jpg

thanks

I had the rattle on my exhaust fixed finally, all the hangers were adjusted slightly. It left 'tell tell' signs where it was knocking on parts of the exhaust against the chassis.

Hope that helps :smile:

thats what i was thinking tbh..it rattles in the actual silencer..not when pushed against the chassis..bit confused..dont really want any more noise..its b****y loud as it is...
thanks for your advice guys..

Hi Pav, you will definitely get more noise removing the centre silencer, mine has gone noisier as it has bedded in

thats what i was thinking tbh..it rattles in the actual silencer..not when pushed against the chassis..bit confused..dont really want any more noise..its b****y loud as it is...
thanks for your advice guys..

The other option is to try and get a replacement from a scrapyard

not an update as such..took part in the Yorkshire Dales run yesterday..just a few pics..
feast your eyes :wink:
26072015111.jpg
26072015112.jpg
26072015114.jpg
26072015120.jpg
26072015121.jpg
26072015128.jpg
26072015136.jpg
26072015137.jpg
26072015143.jpg
26072015153.jpg

Nice pics guys!

Re the silencer, I had exactly the same problem and to make things worse it developed when I was driving abroad lol!

I eventually got a replacement for £10 from ebay which I never got around fitting in the end.

[MENTION=2045]Yiannis197[/MENTION]..you mean remove it and replace it with a straight pipe??

[MENTION=2045]Yiannis197[/MENTION]..you mean remove it and replace it with a straight pipe??

will know a bit more tmr as it is going up on the ramp to be checked...dont really want to get rid of my ktec exhaust..it sounds really good,plus an Akra is out of my league atm..thanks

No mate no need to change your K-tec exhaust, if I were you I'd just get a second hand middle silencer and get the job done:wink:

When me and jimmy were listening it sounded like it could be rear baffles though, need to see on ramp Pav and where it comes from, middle or rear.

Ah ok my bad, I thought you were certain that the rattling comes from the middle one. Let's hope it's not the rear then mate!

[MENTION=41063]Pav[/MENTION] did you buy the K-Tec new or 2nd hand ? If new, I would get in touch with K-Tec.

How old is the exhaust?

Great photos Pav, I didn't realise you had got so many!

I hope you get the rattle sorted. I can understand how frustrating it can be when you don't know the source... As Chris says, when we listened, it did sound like baffles. Let us know how you get on mate.

@Pav did you buy the K-Tec new or 2nd hand ? If new, I would get in touch with K-Tec.

How old is the exhaust?
2nd hand mate..nothing i can do...its about 3 years old i think from what the the previous owner told me..thanks anyway

Great photos Pav, I didn't realise you had got so many!

I hope you get the rattle sorted. I can understand how frustrating it can be when you don't know the source... As Chris says, when we listened, it did sound like baffles. Let us know how you get on mate.
yeah..have over 50 pics..always take them..love pics..
well a little update regarding my lovely exhaust..cut a long story short- middle silencer is knackered..im relieved actualy as it could have been the rear ones..
now im looking on ebay to get a straight steel pipe to replace it with..not sure how loud it gets but for the time being it will have to do..
thanks all for your input..appreciate it guys...

I'm glad you got to the bottom of the rattle Pav. I'm sure I've read on here that most exhaust places can do a mid-silencer delete for very little money - they possibly even provide the pipe??