Opinions please

KTec's seems to do very well on this forum, I'm yet to hear a bad comment, looks good, sounds even better and the fit is spot on.

How come on the buyers guide it states that 197s don't like induction kits?

Generally avoid cars with aftermarket induction systems, these Clios don't like them. Also exercise caution with “performance” exhausts, many of the more reasonably priced systems have a reputation for exaggerating a flat spot at moderate revs.

Sorry to hijack your thread :tongueout:

Thanks for the replies guys, I fitted ktec's induction kit a few hours ago, fits well, looks great, nice throttle response, certainly no loss but f*** me it's loud lol, gonna take a bit of getting used to.

As far as I'm aware there is only 4 induction kits that actually work on the Clio:

• V6 airbox - as used in cup race cars
  • ITG Maxogen
  • Madeno Racing
  • KTEC Racing

Basically forget anything else

I love it mate, just unsure if my 3 month old daughter will haha, it's not the family car thankfully, what's your views on ktec's cat back system? Not looking for raw eardrum resonating noise, just standard seems a bit lame now that intake is sorted....

Fernandez, how you sell scorpion on your site, could you tell me, do they do a slash cut option like the standard setup? Or can I just use the standard slash cut tail pipes?

I fitted the Ktec induction kit a few days back.. And my god it is fantastic.... More throttle response, Better fuel economy (Sensible driving today saw me hit 40MPG! )

The noise is just incredible, a lovely throaty roar to it when you open it right up.. Yet subtle when driving sensibly.

I was thinking economy would lessen with sinking my lead foot so it roars lol, there's definitely a throttle range you can keep it at so it's not snorting too heavily, 40mpg? Motorway miles??

Fernandez, how you sell scorpion on your site, could you tell me, do they do a slash cut option like the standard setup? Or can I just use the standard slash cut tail pipes?

They do a slash cut version with center silencer (resonated) and a version without center silencer (non resonated).

Just have a look at the drop down options box and all should become clear. If you need any help just give us a call on the number in my signature :wink:

Thanks mate, spending has been a bit crazy lately so I'll be waiting a few weeks but I'll definitely be in touch, always used scorpion in my ford RS days and liked them. Wrong section but how would you rate ferrodo's ds2500!compared to brembo standard ferrodo's?

Thanks mate, spending has been a bit crazy lately so I'll be waiting a few weeks but I'll definitely be in touch, always used scorpion in my ford RS days and liked them. Wrong section but how would you rate ferrodo's ds2500!compared to brembo standard ferrodo's?

the DS2500'S are quite rated on the Clio, definitely better then OEM. If you do a lot of heavy track work then you'll reach the limit of them very quickly but as a fast road occasional trackday pad they are great.

Not tried them myself but we've been getting very good feedback about the EBC Yellowstuff pads.

Ebc ain't worth dog dirt in my opinion , I've tried them all even blue , agree with angel about 2500 angel I've been in a car with you and you can drive well fella ( yes that's a compliment ) you would kill yellow stuff in no time , I've used 2500 3000 and currently just chucked a set of 1155 mintex in as car only on track now not the road , but yet to do another track day

Last edited:

I bought some used DS2500s off a member on here and they are very good once you have a bit of heat in them. Did a trackday on Monday and I was incredibly impressed by the braking power! Didn't let me down at all so would definitely recommend for fast road and the occasional trackday, as Fernandez said. I am comparing them to the standard Ferodo pads which gave me loads of brake fade on the road.. although that was before I serviced the brakes and fitted the DS2500, so some of the fade may have been down to pads sticking in the caliper :smile:

Alright jams, yeah I cleaned my brakes up and made a massive difference, one of the first things I done when I bought it, still suffer fade tho, I've got the ds2500 waiting to fit, looking forward to some good stompers!

Also remember if you compliment your pads with decent discs they will improve even more. I can say I have given her a battering (pardon the pun) around the ring and not had any problems with brake fade, overheating or pad transfer with the setup I use (DS2500 pads, Tarox F2000 discs)

And on a side note I'm very tempted by the noise of the K-Tec induction kit, sounds lurrrrrrvly.

image.jpgFpmsl at gam ??
Ive given her a battering , around the ring !!! Say that when ya wife's there fella lol
and here's my induction gives a mental noise

Last edited: