Rear Renault Sport Badge Opinions Please

I personally prefer the newer style rear RS badge but what's you guys opinions of it on a 197? I have 2 options, 1 - remove older style RS badge as it looks to me as its on squint and replace with new old style badge or 2 - fit new style RS badge. If I do go for the new badge I will compliment it with the RS gearknob. Complete delete is not an option. I see some of the older 200s have the old style badge on them so there is really no consistency with Renault. I'm not trying to make the car look younger just a subtle change.

I have the newer badge on a 200 - but at one stage preferred the older ! Mine was also on un-square and i did replace with the newer version. But probably like you - in their own ways i like both. Complicated for something so simple isnt it !!!

Are you keeping the "C L I O" lettering ? (Did the R27's even have this ?) If so - keep the older badge with the lettering to match.

If it doesn't have the C L I O wording or your removing it; go with the newer style badge and match up with the RS gear-knob.

In my humble opinion.

Reactions: LOCKE
No CLIO and if it was still on it would be removed. The old style badge just looks a bit bulky and with all the other R27 decals can look a bit 'busy' especially at the rear.

My head says keep the older style badge as that's what should be on it but my heart says go for the smarter new style badge.

Someone mentioned changing rear badges when I got my new RS gear knob so that it matches

I've got a steering wheel insert with the old Renaultsport logo on though!

Someone mentioned changing rear badges when I got my new RS gear knob so that it matches

Ben the newer badge incorporates the RS and Renault Sport logos. I don't sleep at night for thinking about these kind of things! :tearsofjoy:

Reactions: Big Ben
Personally, there's no way I'd change for the newer one. The factory one is right for the period of the car, and I like that it's starting to look a bit retro. Plus it's the logo I remember on the engine cover on the Williams F1 car.

I prefer the OEM old style for sure.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jimmy

I don't think they ever did the new style logo on the steering wheel insert?

Sorry @///M my mind is made up. New style it is as it will go with my theme and fits in with new style gearknob and the same style as the steering wheel insert. Can always change back.

Reactions: ///M
Sorry @///M my mind is made up. New style it is as it will go with my theme and fits in with new style gearknob and the same style as the steering wheel insert. Can always change back.

That's why threads like this are great. Really helps solidify your decision. It's not like there's a wrong decision anyway. They all look good.

Reactions: Dystant and LOCKE
This has me convinced now I need to go back to the original style badge on my early 200 - after all it matches the original logo'd gear knob I spent ages finding.

So, I have a brand new badge I never fitted when the boot was resprayed on warranty - however I think it'd look best black and leave the diamonds silver. I think the black badge and black diamond is a bit too heavy? But then that leaves a dilemma as to the door handles and bullets which I thought I was doing black :\ I guess I could leave the bullets silver for continuity with the diamonds and do the door handles LY? Anyway at least it's not me who pains over these things!

As for the badge, what's the best way to spray the badge - Plasti-dip? Key it off with sand paper and spray? Just seems kinda fiddly that way.

Cheers