standard or aftermarket springs ,advice & opinions please on a 200 cupped ff

Budz

Gold Member
Hey guys

i have a 2010 ff 200 on cup suspension, 1 front spring is snapped so i have to replace both but at similar costs i can do all four on H&R OR Eibach springs what are peoples opinions on these i dont really want to make it much harder than it is already on the cup springs and def dont want to lose any handling qualities either

opinions and advice all appreciated
Thanks

This is exactly the situation I'm in at the minute, 1 broken spring which is something ridiculous like £100 new or you can buy 4 lowering springs from [MENTION=1272]Fernandez[/MENTION] for around £160. Tuff decision. As I imagine fitting all 4 springs would be pricey in itself too.

i had a quote for all 4 including fitting to be around £480 compared to a dealer to fit 1 for 300 , however just found a thread about the Bilstien coilovers as well these look tempting but still require opinions on springs

Was in same situation some time ago. In the end went for H & R's ( 30-40 ). Yes the ride is stiffer than the cup springs, but not too severe. The extra drop looks better though.

I went for H&Rs on my 197 and haven't looked back since. Looks subtle and complements the standard shocks very well. Oh, and the car sticks like excrement to a blanket. An upgrade well worth the money, especially as you'd have to spend almost the same money to replace an OEM one.

I'm in the same position now can't decide between the h+rs or the eibach springs.was thinking of getting the rear arb and front lower strut brace so need to pick the best springs.

is anyone able to give their opinions between the cup springs and either aftermarket options in regards to ride quality and handling / pros an cons
cheers