Opinions Please :)

-Eddie-

Missing In Action
I've been wanting to add a little something to the side profile of the car ever since I bought it. On my previous R27 I had the Renaultsport side skirts which I really liked but at £300~ they are much more expensive than I would like to pay.

I have added a couple of gloss black parts on the car and I will also be adding some carbon fibre also. It has left me with two choices and I really am 50/50 on them.

First up is the Maxton design side skirts in gloss black;

1be4fe8799f521b566b1068870b643fc.jpg

Then there is the carbon fibre spats;

a8761ddda0c3b18a916d9d47b51b239e.jpg

I don't want both and I really can't decide which will look best lol.

Help!

Reactions: sevenfourate
For the money i really like the spats. And i've considered them before too.

Visually great, not expensive....the quality of fit 'worries' me though....?

Reactions: -Eddie-
Triple R Composites are making side skirt extensions and front splitter, throwing that into the mix as well!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

For the money i really like the spats. And i've considered them before too.

Visually great, not expensive....the quality of fit 'worries' me though....?

The quality of fit on both worries me. I know that others have fitted Maxton side skirts before and they have been grand but I've heard, and seen, the fit of other items and it's been shocking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Triple R Composites are making side skirt extensions and front splitter, throwing that into the mix as well!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Any links? Nothing on their website :worried: it just says 'coming soon'

Well, you asked for opinions...

Mine would be neither. OEM only, unless the Triple R ones turn out to be good.

The spats, I simply don't get them. What are they for? Seems a pointless / fake addition to me.

As for the Maxton stuff, it looks ok but it's very cheaply made and they would be extremely easy to damage. They give the impression of being quite thick but really it's just a rolled edge and hollow inside. Saw quite a few in the flesh on Saturday and quite a few were broken.

Out of the two you've put above, I prefer the look of the spats. Those skirts don't do it for me: I much prefer Renault OEM, but I can see where you're coming from with regards the price - far too expensive for what they are, as is the front splitter...

Triple R composites have come back to me about their side skirts but they don't have any photos which is strange. I think I'll go with nothing for now as I said I was 50/50 but if I was strongly convinced either way I would have bought them without the need for this thread.

I think it'll either be Renault genuine or nothing, I'll keep an eye out for potentially some second hand before splashing the pennies. Unless of course the Triple R look the part.

Reactions: peter and ///M
That's the same decision i came to the rs one's are the best but pricey
the ones you posted above look like a one size fit's all kind of thing & are nasty, Richard grant from the 80's comes to mind
the carbon things look like stickers so what's the point ?
just save up like i am doing bite the bullet & fit the proper ones

That's the same decision i came to the rs one's are the best but pricey
the ones you posted above look like a one size fit's all kind of thing & are nasty, Richard grant from the 80's comes to mind
the carbon things look like stickers so what's the point ?
just save up like i am doing bite the bullet & fit the proper ones

Definitely the best decision. I was 50/50 but always knew it would be easy enough to talk me out of either option also lol.

Spats are primarliy for stone chip protection.

Especially useful if running spacers at the front.

And I still like them whatever you lot think :smile: