New Owner... Just a few concerns

return the car and demand a full refund. You are legally entitled to as the vehicle was mis sold to you. If thats a main dealer its disgusting

Iirc the dealer has to tell you by law if the vehicle is recorded on HPI whereas a private seller doesnt legally have to inform you.

If I was you mate I'd kick up a stink, you werent informed. you didnt set out to buy a Cat C/D car and wasnt told it was (I.e not as described). I would imagine with them being a renault dealership they have a reputation and certain standards to maintain (ha!). If they get even remotely fussy tell them you will involve RUK, Trading standards and Citizens advice. also advice them of the Sales of Goods act (sales of goods quick guide CLICKY) By that point, they should begging to give you your money back, if not take them for everything lol

Best of luck mate :smile:

Update...

well I have spoken to the sales manager and he is taking the issue up with his trading standard representative before deciding how to go forward with the problem.

as A result, I have spoken to a trading standards representative and it has been passed over to the legal team as they suspect that the item has been mis-sold as I have been sold a car that is not as described, however they do not believe I can return the car as it is not faulty.

I have also spoken to Renault UK, who believe I have a case they do not expect a renault car to be sold from a main dealer without advising the customer that the car has been stolen and recoverd, I now have to wait until Friday to find out what Renault are going to do. I have given them 3 options that I would be satisfied with

1. a full refund on the vehicle.
2. a Like for Like replacement.
3. compensation to to cover the amount of loss I may incur on a later sale and a refund cover the actual value of the car as I feel I have now paid more than the car is worth.

I have stated to Renault that I really like the Clio 197 and if it results in me getting a refund I will be looking for another

The way things are looking It may be the shortest clio 197 ownership in history.

Rudger

I'd take the full refund. There are plenty of well loved 197s for sale without a dark past. Take the refund, and go get yourself a nice one that you can truly enjoy. Oh and if you do, make sure the dealers do a hpi check 1st :smile:

Good news mate, keep us updated.

Hope you get your money back, you don’t want the hassle of selling a recovered car later down the line, Renaults deprecate fast anyway.

I would say the car would be worth about 7-8k

Hope they sort it for you.
Having a repaired car isn't that bad as long as you get it at a price that your happy with and it's been repaired properly.

I would perhaps rethink your option no 3?......as this is going to affect you even further down the line, no matter how many improvements you may make to the car in the meantime...

hope you get it sorted...it's shocking..

That is shocking mate!!!

But I am glad they seem to be doing something about it.

How did you pay for the car? I learnt a lesson ages ago about buying things - if your limit is big enough, pay by credit card!

I bought mine from Sutton Park Renault, and if you were on here or cliosport, you would have seen some of the issues that came out over a period of a week, in total 21 things ranging from rusty bolts right through to warped discs.

I paid for the car by Barclaycard, and I called them and they disputed the transaction under "misselling" and took every penny that I had paid for the car away from the dealer, and they were not going to get any of it until it was all sorted out.
It worked a treat!

I really hope it works out for you, I am sure it will as Renault UK were really good with me when I had my problems.

You have chosen wisely the make and model of your car too :smile:

Minor Update,

The Dealership Has called back today, offered me £500 Compensation which I flatly refused told them I was thinking around £3k left them to look into it further.

They have called back now and suggested a straight swap with a 09 reg Clio 200 they have as a demonstrator. thinking is it a good Idea having a ex demo car as a straight swap, advised them I would go over and look at the car later ontoday but not sure which way to go at the moment.

Rudger

Minor Update,

The Dealership Has called back today, offered me £500 Compensation which I flatly refused told them I was thinking around £3k left them to look into it further.

They have called back now and suggested a straight swap with a 09 reg Clio 200 they have as a demonstrator. thinking is it a good Idea having a ex demo car as a straight swap, advised them I would go over and look at the car later ontoday but not sure which way to go at the moment.

Rudger

Tis a not bad deal if the 200 is in a good spec that you like.

How much did you pay for the R27? I have seen a few ex-demo 200 going for a really cheap price, so you might just wanna make sure that it is worth a straight swap. Chances are it will be, but best to be carefull and check.

the one I have at the moment is a standard Clio 197 on a 58Plate with just under 12000 on the clock. Paid 13K altogether for the car, but has Air Con, Cruise Control, Speed Limiter, Keyless ignition, etc

Dont know what the 200 Has until I go and see it.

the one I have at the moment is a standard Clio 197 on a 58Plate with just under 12000 on the clock. Paid 13K altogether for the car, but has Air Con, Cruise Control, Speed Limiter, Keyless ignition, etc

Dont know what the 200 Has until I go and see it.

Ah! I thought you had an R27.

If the spec and mileage is right then I'd consider it.

But then again, I like the 200 over the 197 anyway so I'm biased. Also test drive it (Obvious I know). I test drove another 200 today. Loved it. So fast, has the looks.

If it was me, I would want to get rid of the car you currently have in your possession as fast as possible..the demo 200 sounds quite feasible if it has the spec you are after, and hasn't had any "incidents"....

id go for the 200 tbh but depend on colour.
ex demos are fine.
get them to do a service on it first.

Nice one mate, have a look over it and just make sure it has everything you want.

Make sure they chuck in a free service as well as that will be coming around as well being a 09 car.

The Car they are offering is White with 9000 on the clock, they are servicing it for me when its 12 months old, Just gonna give it a good check over before I buy it (and a Sneaky HPI Check just incase :smiley:)