New Clio 200 Owner - Few issues/questions

Afternoon all,

Been in my Clio 200 around a week and have some early impressions along with questions which I am hoping that you guys might be able to help with! The car is cracking and is a lot of fun to drive but hoping over the next few months to sort the below list out to get something that will then be absolutely spot on! In no particular order:

1. Door Handles - Silver painted exterior door handles have worn really badly and the silver paint seems to have faded away, can these be repainted do they need to be replaced? If so, can someone advise as to the part number and how easy it is to fit them?
  2. Bonnet Catch - When locking the car there is a constant beep that comes from the rear of the car, it goes on for about 3 minutes and then stops. I have been told it is the sensor in the engine bay area (see attached photo) but can't seem to identify the faulty part. Any ideas on what part needs replacing would be greatly appreciated, I think it is the part highlighted in green on the attached photo).
  3. Bonnet Rod - The lever that you unfold/prop up to keep the bonnet open doesn't have a clip / holder to secure it to when the bonnet is shut, again, any idea on the part required would be great, could this link to the above issue with the catch?
  4. Glovebox - The fit of the glovebox seems to be off with the right hand side sitting slightly lower than the left so when closed it doesn't sit properly flush to the dashboard. Is this something that can be adjusted?
  5. Ride Quality - The car is a Cup suspension model and has aftermarket wheels which it came with. It has 215/40/17 tyres fitted which I understand aren't the 215/45/17's that it should be running. The ride quality is really stiff and I am hoping that switching back to the 45 profile tyres will improve things slightly?
  6. Tyres - The car is running tyres that I haven't even heard of so want to get them changed ASAP and as above, will go back to the default 45 profile that they should be. By default I would be inclined to run Pilot Sport 4's but would be keen to understand what you guys are running and whether there are any others to consider.
  7. Gear Lever Plastic Trim Panel - This isn't properly clipped / secured in to the lower console so everytime I change gear, it moves slightly which is really annoying. Guessing some of the clips/fixings have snapped off. I believe the part number required would is 8200 393 246 but just wondered where is the best place to find it and is it easy to remove the old part and replace it with the new one?
  8. Oil Temp Display - Seems like even when the car has been running for a while the oil temperature display shows to be slightly off centre (to the left), not sure whether this is normal or should the needle be bang in the middle? If so, what is the fix for this, a new oil temperature sensor?
  9. B Pillar Trims - The Black B Pillar trims look past their best, does anyone have the part number for the official Renault ones? How easy a job is it to remove the old ones and fit the new (is it just self adhesive)?
I think that's it for now and apologies for asking so much but everyone seems so knowledgeable and helpful, I figure here is a great place to start!

Thanks in advance for all of your help.

Dave

Attachments

• Clio 200 (1).jpg
    Clio 200 (1).jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 30
  • Bonnet Sensor.jpeg
    Bonnet Sensor.jpeg
    371.5 KB · Views: 30
Reactions: joehodges154
Welcome Dave :thumb:

I like the colour. My glovebox also sags on the right hand side but have come to grips with it looking like that. Very common fault (I believe). There are plenty of members on here with more knowledge than me so I'll let them take over in regards to the rest of your post.

Enjoy!

I can’t help you with part numbers. But can try to help answer a few bits

1. yes they can be removed. The paint code is on the forum somewhere

2. not sure. I would of though the part you’ve circled is indeed the issue though.

3. not sure

4. Glovebox is something you’ll have to accept. They all fit terrible

5. my car was significantly stiffer with 40 sidewall tyres

6. PS4 are unbeatable in any condition other than snow. Believe the hype, they’re very good.

7. not sure

8. are you getting confused with water temp?

9. they can be removed. There is a number of clips

The glovebox is terrible, they all sag. If you are not going to use the glovebox much you can try sticking some velcro it it so that the sag is fixed whilst it is shut. The problem is the adhesive in the velcro then wears out if you keep opening the glovebox.

Oil temp - do you mean engine temperature? If so a working thermostat will sit close to the 3rd line when it is up to temperature.

IMG_1390.jpeg

On ride quality if you have Cup suspension the ride can be a bit harsh - particularly if you have replaced the engine mounts with Power Flex ones. The ride is part of the fun?

My car has got Pilot Sport 4's all round. Top quality and the improve the handling of the car.

You can buy some B pillar trim from eBay.

Nice colour car.

Reactions: daverichmond1
I can't help you with all the points you've raised but below are my responses:

4. Glovebox - The fit of the glovebox seems to be off with the right hand side sitting slightly lower than the left so when closed it doesn't sit properly flush to the dashboard. Is this something that can be adjusted?
Yep they're all like that - it's part of its Gaelic charm : )

8. Oil Temp Display - Seems like even when the car has been running for a while the oil temperature display shows to be slightly off centre (to the left), not sure whether this is normal or should the needle be bang in the middle? If so, what is the fix for this, a new oil temperature sensor?
I think you're referring to 'water temp' and yes that's normal - usually around the third line but if you start pushing it (i.e. on a track) it will rise toward the middle.

9. B Pillar Trims - The Black B Pillar trims look past their best, does anyone have the part number for the official Renault ones? How easy a job is it to remove the old ones and fit the new (is it just self adhesive)?
Go to ebay as Renault no longer stock the part and to be honest the ebay items are better quality. You need to use a solvent remover once you've remove the old tape and I'd get a plastic razor (too avoid damaging the paint work) to help remove the old trim. I got a paint shop to fit the new trim as it would have annoyed me seeing loads of air bubbles.

Welcome!

Most of your questions seem to be answered, so I'll just chime in on the door pillars as I did them in gloss black which looks way better IMO. It still looks as good as this after almost a year on the car too :thumb:

door-pillar.jpg

Gloss Black Vinyl

This is already pre-cut in similar texture to the OEM stuff though.

Reactions: Sean197

Similar Thread Suggestions

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S New Members 6
craigkitch New Members 4
R New Members 8
joehodges154 New Members 3
mb77 New Members 5