New member saying 'allo'

GrottyBananas

Platinum Member
“Allo.”

Been a member for a few weeks now and have been lurking for a few months (I have to say that this is the only forum that I have paid the membership for, the reason being: it is excellent).

I have a year old Deep Black RS200 with Anthracite pack (front bumper and rear diffuser, alloy wheels and mirror inserts) (‘full fat’), privacy glass, climate control, TomTom (I opted out of the RS monitor as it would only have encouraged me to ‘test’ myself... but this engine needs no added incentive, so it was the right decision) plus the cup chassis, Recaros and red leather interior.

I‘ll get around to posting some photos, but the car needs a clean. I did take some macro shots, only to discover after looking though the Gallery that this has been done and done very well, so that scuppered that. But I’ll post em anyway, cause I took ‘em. I’ve also been looking though the 2012 calender entries which have proved to be inspiring.

I’ve changed the wheels added an after market panel filter and hope to lower the ride height just a smidgeon; have yet to find the springs I want (with the spring rates I think will be best for me (this site provided a great thread on spring rates), but will wait a while. Cannot justify the expenditure of coilovers just to lower the ride height nor can I justify the expense of an Akrapovic Evolution, but it is so tempting, ever so tempting :tongue_smilie:

Since running in the car, it’s become a thoroughly enjoyable experience, but prior to that I can say I thought I had made the wrong decision. I picked it up from the dealership and carefully drove the 7 or so miles home only to find I had some numpty in an M3 right up my tailpipes, that with the Cup ride and the Recaros, even though I had test driven a 200 with the above, gave me a real cause for pause.

However, all that is but a distant memory, although these BM drivers must be on a rota, or they are overtly fruity as they attempt to mount me (seemingly) at every opportunity, which is... disconcerting :001_unsure:

So there you are, I hope I can add to this forum in my own small way, although being new to Renaultsport my knowledge is very limited, so I will tend to be reading more than writing, asking more than answering, but anyway, thanks for taking the time to read this post, so...

“Allo! And by the way, nice motor.”

Welcome to the club, nice to see your support of our wonderful forum with a paid up subscription :clap:

Finally I can officially say welcome and thanks for supporting the site Gerald.

Thanks for sending the extra membership pack back, you really didn't need to.

:Welcome: to the site.

Nice write up and look forward to seeing the photos. Black and anthracite is definately a winner.

Where abouts are you from?

MikeH197, with all the effort that has gone into this forum, it was well worth it.

jase, it certainly took a while for me to make my introduction, as for returning the duplicate pack, it was not a problem, I should have let you know sooner that I had received the original one you sent.

Fernandez/ jase: the black and red do go well together (even if I do say so myself), although now I seen some of the other colour combinations of many of the motors here, perhaps I should have been a little more flamboyant in my choice, but I can just about live with it (just about), although I think I'll have to keep the green eyed monster of envy at bay.

Chris197F1/ foxspeed: thanks very much. I appreciate the welcome from you all.

I'll post some photos soon.

:welcome:
Glad you find the forum to your liking.It is one of the friendliest forums going
Enjoy and be great to see some pics

:welcome: to the forum.

Great user name, can't wait till your introducing yourself at shows :rofl:

Welcome along! I am onto my third RS Clio now and loving my 'new' 2011 Ultra Red RS200! The black/anthracite/red leather combination is surely very rare and I bet you will certainly turn heads... I tend to find it is Audi drivers that want to 'Vorsprung Durch Teknik' my Ultra Red rear end.... ;-)

Cheers fellas

Roy, Mike, 930Tech, DrDx, Chemist cheers for the welcome and here (if I have worked it out :001_unsure:smile: are some photos...

Attachments

• cliors200_001.jpg
    cliors200_001.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 31
  • cliors200_002.jpg
    cliors200_002.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 32
  • cliors200_003.jpg
    cliors200_003.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 35
  • cliors200_004.jpg
    cliors200_004.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 28
  • cliors200_005.jpg
    cliors200_005.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 25
Gud Gawd thats properly hawt. :w00t:
Please post more pics of your interior, i have been toying with the idea of doing Red a red leather interior on my black 197 and the little sneak peak has made me want it even more.

As above needed to see the interior, the outside looks very sexy.. The only thing missing from the anthracite diffuser is some Carbon Fibre exhaust trims.. :wink:

Wow! That looks great! The wheels are a nice change from the Speedlines or the Raiders... This must have been a very expensive RS200!!

Similar Thread Suggestions