New member saying 'Hello!'

Hi All,

I've been running around in an '02 Ford Focus 1.6 for a few too many years and it's soul sucking...

I decided in the new year that I wanted to get something sportier and cooler and after picking faults with all my other choices I decided that I quite fancied a Clio 197. It's not the saloon I fancied and I hope I'm not going to struggle for space, I'm 6'2" and a pretty bulky build (second new years resolution will hopefully help with that). I do love the aesthetic of it though, and I'm really looking forward to a more engaging drive.

Just one question (at the moment). How does it ride? It would be my main driver for a 40 mile round trip to and from work each day and although I would like a stiffer ride I don't want to have to hire a physio therapist either :smile:

There's a guy I see sometimes on the way back from work (when I go home the bendy/country lane way) with a really stealthy looking version, all black, spoiler, alloys, body, badges, the lot.

I really fancy one in the non-metallic 'racing blue' with a spoiler and the optional Recaro seats. My budget is quite lean though and I'm a little concerned that I won't have enough to get quite what I want.

Anyway, I just wanted to say hello, and I hope that in the near future I'll become a fully fledged member.

Cheers,

Tom.

Last edited:
welcome, i find the ride not bad at all, ive never found it uncomfortable tbh
the ones with the cup chassis (red brake callipers) are a fair bit stiffer than the ones without (silver brake callipers)

Welcome, check out the buying guide for some extra info on what to look for too. I have a 200 cup (even firmer) with H&R springs and it's my daily 30 mile round trip plus taking clients around in the day an I don't mind it, even on long journeys. I would say test drive a cup and non cup an see what you think :smile:

Welcome to the forum.

There were only 19 racing blue 197's with recaros but there were 19, F1 R27's which had recaros as standard spec.

Data doesn't show how many or if any had the cup spoiler fitted but there is a dealer Brian Leighton Garages on here in the traders section that can them for you.

Thanks Guys,

Today I'm a little step closer, in that I've managed to sort out a bit of finance to give me just about enough to get a 197.

I love the one in classifieds at the moment (top of page), but I'm a fair bit short on his asking price.

I'll keep you posted...

:welcome: to the forum.

I think you'll find the racing blue ones were all cups, you might want to try one first make sure its not to much for you.

equ5epaz.jpg

Unfortunately I am one of those sad people who name there car's...

... This is René...

#310/500 F1.

Although currently averaging only 25mpg I'm not sure how long I can keep him. Any tips for upping this? changing filters etc?

Welcome to the forum.
25-28 is about average. You can get 30-33 doing motorway miles.

Similar Thread Suggestions