More ITBs!!!

Not being satisfied with four trumpets in the family, the misses was feeling left out. Back down to TDF and a week later:

NewImage8.jpg

Car originally started out as my first ever 6 years ago and had a host of boy racer mods including lots of 'fake' abs carbon engine covers and loud exhausts. Anyway the misses had it when i got the 197 and wasted no time in ripping the original 1.4 engine and box out and replaced it with a 182 lump. Then all the suspension, rear beam and brakes were had off many dead 182s, so its basically an RS on a normal shell, still repping the 1.4 badges.

Had Catcams fitted at the same time ( not sure of exact profile but the wilder of the mk2 choices ). Now idles at 1400rpm, headache zone especially on Vibratechnic engine mounts :worried:

ee47bd95.jpg

NewImage9.jpg

NewImage.jpg

Runs 50bhp+ nitrous too:
NewImage5.jpg

Pre work dyno'd at 178bhp standard, very strong for a 182!

Post work dyno'd at 207bhp and 171lb/ft :smiley:

3d4bf74e.jpg

Enjoy. video soon!

Read this over on CS.net. Very impressive. Though was a guy not claiming that both your NOS setups are not installed right?

Read this over on CS.net. Very impressive. Though was a guy not claiming that both your NOS setups are not installed right?

Yes chip has been quite useful in pointing out a few issues with the nitrous and how the fuel piping is routed against gravity, reducing flow to the injectors. This is being rectified ATM :smile:

Theoretically +50bhp and +60lb/ft but in reality its usually about 40bhp and 50lb/ft torque increase dependant on bottle pressure.

We'll both be trying to beat our best quatre mile times this year :smile:

Mine - 14.9
Vickys - 14.5

Beaten by a girl in a 1.4 :worried:

Looking better than ever Ben/Vicky.

Is there more flex in the car with the slam missing.?

Pre work dyno'd at 178bhp standard, very strong for a 182

-10bhp for it being on a super flow dyno the same one you said read higher than ktecs dyno dynamics

Therefore puts it in the decent category for a 182 on RST type rollers, come on Ben pick a set of rollers and stick by them, don't keep hopping round to suit your favourite of the month.....

Mike the only dyno we use is TDF. Back in the day we used AmD by after it was proven inaccurate we didnt bother.

If I was picking and choosing to suit me then I'd still be at AmD and recording +30bhp figures for forum kudos

Lol, no disrespect meant, sorry Ben
You, kevo and woody are the benchmarks on these engines, unfortunately sarcasm and irony don't translate very well in text

However

Unfortunately I do still stand by the strange curiosity that a lot of cars suddenly seem to be making close to book figures on certain other rollers since a large number of companies have started changing dynos

Thanks willis. Too much spent to ever sell up, what would I get for that Frankenstein!?

Mikeh197: I'm not aware if your trying to be funny or 'ironic' to be honest. I'd work on your delivery. Allow me to simplify.

The car was originally dyno'd at AmD at 170bhp some two years ago. Then on a dyno day it was dyno'd at 178bhp by TDIs hub mounted dyno. It went in for a map tweak at ktec and ran a pre/post adjustment figure of 174/178bhp respectively. Then the only one I've been using as a benchmark is TDF pre and post work figures. Hang on a minute though the ktec and TDF dyno were within a bhp of eachother!

Hardly choosing dynos to suit situation. If that were the case I'd take it down to AmD and just get it over dyno'd. For anyone who's interested it ran 220bhp on nitrous before ITB work :tongueout:

Last edited:
Sorry Ben, I thought you were the one who had made the comment about ktecs dyno dynamics giving a lower reading of roughly 10 bhp than TDFs superflow, but if both ktec and tdf are reading the same after being 10 bhp apart, major headache, which tuning company's dynograph can I believe. ktec now seem to be producing close to manufacturer figures on their dyno whereas on previously we were told the mfrs figures were poop at best....