More (-) Camber

Hi,

I'm running Comp brake adjustable camber top mounts with B14 suspension. Max camber i achieve is -2.20! I'm targeting -3.0.

Appreciate your insights and feedbacks to reach to my target camber.

Either different camber tops or cup racer EE brackets, shafts and anti rotation links

That’s a shame. I guess ultimately you’ll have to do as PITA says.
Or buy coilovers with adjustable top mounts. With the Gaz coilovers I run, you can get to 3.5

Mind sharing from where did you get them?

Speak to Matt aka @R27WTF

You will need to enlarge the hole on later top mounts like yours, PITA did it in his thread:

Do I still need to enlarge the hole on later top mounts?

Apparently, it seems Gaz does provide an option of camber top mount for small bore. I was about to place the order, but stopped!

You can fit them but can’t adjust the camber unless you cut open the strut top. I’d suggest an 89mm hole for the Gaz coilovers to achieve the max camber.

Yeah as PITA said, you don't have to but you'd struggle to change camber and caster in place with the standard sized hole.

If so, Would you guys recommend me to cut the strut top (89mm) with my current Comp Brake Top Mount and test if I can achieve the max camber with B14?

If you've already maxed out the top mount already, then it won't make a difference, unless you still have more to go?

If so, Would you guys recommend me to cut the strut top (89mm) with my current Comp Brake Top Mount and test if I can achieve the max camber with B14?

If you have the compbrake top mounts then you already have a 50mm hole and making it larger won’t change the adjustability of the mount.

What's your recommendation @PITA ?

appreciate your help

It depends what you want from the car. If it’s a track car then I’d say go for coilovers and matching top mounts from the likes of Gaz or AST etc. If it’s a road car then I’d probably stick with what you have. 2.2 degrees is plenty for the road and road tyres, when you add more you really need to be running semi slicks or slicks too

Reactions: Abdulla Ali Al Ali
I would consider changing the top mounts (e.g. DNA) and enlarge strut top. Meanwhile, I'll stick to the current setup for fast road and occasional track days :grin: (P.S. Nitto NT-01 is what I'm running with)

Once again, Thanks for all your feedback guys.

I don’t think DNA make post 2010 top mounts.

Do you have a picture of your top mounts?