Luke_197 Progress thread

I had the Vibratech mounts fitted at two techs yesterday.

Good bits:
*Steering feels sharper
*Feels a tad quicker accelerating as you don't get the engine wobble.
*Braking is improved slightly
*Better turn in

Marmite bits:
*Sounds like a race car on start up
*Vibrates the steering wheel, pedal and dash.(Not that bad)

Bad bits:
*Shakes the dash and everything inside the glovebox, when pulling away sometimes.
*On the motorway the mounts exploits some of the French car rattles and buzzes.

d3d0075c663e99f6ad9a606a8a7fdf1e.jpg

I took a video and placed the camera against the steering wheel and dash to give a rough idea of the vibration which I don't think is gonna be hard to live with. Once I've done a few miles they should settle down more.

You can see how still the engine sits now. I also removed the torque arm as it was no longer required.

https://vimeo.com/115067359

Last edited:
Love the brace mate! And pretty jealous of your harness! You going to get a bit of extra carpet to cover up where the seats were?

Thanks mate, mine may be up for sale soon when I get my new one. Yes I'm thinking of getting the Ktec boot mate to tidy things up.

so now u had it fitted-would u recommend it to us??didnt know the torque arm wasnt needed after..cool stuff

so now u had it fitted-would u recommend it to us??didnt know the torque arm wasnt needed after..cool stuff

Hi mate, I would say if you like your car comfortable, then no I wouldn't recommend them. However mine are starting to settle down after about 100 miles.

But if like me you like the car raw and aggressive, then yes I would. The vibration is not so bad, although when pulling away the dash shakes a fair bit. The car sounds louder inside the cabin, my exhaust is standard but sounds like I have an aftermarket system on there now. Very boomy noise especially high up the revs, but I like it. Sounds kinda like a race car. Acceleration is way more fun. Feels a little quicker, but that's probably in my mind. Changes the feel of the car a lot.

thanks for ur reply...sounds kind of fun...will have to see what funds are available after xmas..anyway,im glad u r happy with it and it transforms ur car the way u like it...
happy xmas mate...

thanks for ur reply...sounds kind of fun...will have to see what funds are available after xmas..anyway,im glad u r happy with it and it transforms ur car the way u like it...
happy xmas mate...

They are fun mate, if funds are tight remember powerflex do the polyurethane inserts, for the engine mount, lower stabiliser and the torque arm. Not sure about the gearbox mount though.

Happy Christmas mate.

Hope everyone has had a good Christmas.

Very happy with my present this year. Its a Rupes Bigfoot, LHR15ES machine polisher. Complete with 4 x compounds, 4 x pads, 4x microfibres. Very happy with the kit, it should help to enhance the clios paint work dramatically. I can't wait to test it out.
8658c3c4cb56c14747c337915cca9ead.jpg

Also the ex-stig is gonna teach me how to drive [emoji4]
711bd898abd3736be02fceadea0c4127.jpg

I have ordered the following from cazan racing that should arrive next year:

*Cazan 330mm 2 piece discs (J hook)
*Ferado DS2500 front pads
*Mr pinks brake pins

Im also considering changing my AP racing 5.1 fluid for ATE superblue fluid. Not sure if this will be a waste of money though.

Update time: new 330mm brake discs have arrived.

*Cazan racing 330mm 2 piece with j hook.
*Mr pinks brake pins.
*Waiting on DS2500 pads.

4d72f95bfbab3d061eaae2ed28c49da7.jpg

They look very serious. Rather big in real life compared to the pictures haha. Excited to get them fitted when the pads arrive.

Here a list of progress on the car so far:

Engine:

Vibratech/Ktec engine mounts

Ktec panel filter

Millers 5w/40 nanodrive oil

Chassis:

H & R lowering springs

4 x Yokohoma AD08R tyres

Brakes:

Goodridge braided hoses

AP racing dot 5.1 fluid

Styling/exterior:

Cup Spoiler

Omp tow strap with modified adaptor bolt

De-wipered

RS badge

Phillips diamond vision bulbs

Osram 5k White LED's license plate/side lights

Interior:

Striped out rear seats and rear belts

Ultra racing rear strut brace

Red OMP harness

Genuine RS gearknob

Last edited:
happy days...bet u cant wait ...think u will see a massive difference in ur breaking power after...
cool stuff

Update: Took the clio to have the discs, pads and pins fitted today. They look fantastic, the pics can be seen below.

So far, I have done around 50 motorway miles and 25-30, 50% brake pressure stops for 4 second, as instructed by the ferado instructions.

So I left the mechanic early expecting my brakes to rip my face of after bedding in. But I have to say I'm actually a little disappointed not with the brakes themselves, but the fact that I haven't really seen much improvement, they aren't as sharp as I expected, perhaps they need to bed in more or maybe my standard brakes where good enough. (the fluid, lines where changed around 6 months ago, so they don't need bleeding). My pedal does feel a little bit firmer when it does bite.

To be honest i think the true way to test them will be on a track day, I imagine fade will be minimal. Testing on the road probably isn't suitable anyway.

ffe5edd11ac07a5e58ec505bd3d19d6c.jpg
8e5dcf41f00ab16ddde50f3a1dfe72ad.jpg
3d96b823daf34b485a3a6cc61fe8e900.jpg

Last edited:
They look really good, as you said, you will probaly notice on track more. Don't forget the standard setup is decent, particularly if you have had fresh fluid and lines in.

i'd give it some time..u will notice a difference after u've done some mileage im pretty sure...and the difference should be noticeable on roads too not just on track..
they look very cool...:thumbup:hope u bed them in properly and u r happy with them soon...

I haven't noticed a huge difference with mine going on first track day tomorrow so I may have a different view tomorrow night!

They look really good, as you said, you will probaly notice on track more. Don't forget the standard setup is decent, particularly if you have had fresh fluid and lines in.

Thanks mate, yeah just goes to show how good the standard set up is.

i'd give it some time..u will notice a difference after u've done some mileage im pretty sure...and the difference should be noticeable on roads too not just on track..
they look very cool...:thumbup:hope u bed them in properly and u r happy with them soon...

Yeah I'm sure your right bud, I'm gonna do a little more aggressive bedding in later if the weather is ok. Let's see what happens after that, I'll try to get the brakes nice and hot. I could smell them after bedding in on Saturday. [emoji4] Thanks, I do love how they look, just need some OZ ultraleggras now like you!

Because of the larger rotor diameter you should feel the difference.

Your more clever than me mate, so please correct me if I'm wrong. I've always thought regardless how big the disc is, unless the pad "size" is increased you won't see any more braking force.

Say for example I had 1000mm disc (unrealistic I know) combined with standard pads, the surface of the pad that's contacts the disc stays the same size so there won't get any more braking force. If that makes sense, haha.