Lewis's RB Clio 197

Pms shifter won't fit as you have to use the meg one [emoji19]

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

If he keeps the clio box it should fit ok.
In terms of heat, with general driving and even on track I had no issues with coolant temp, it was inlet temp which rose very quickly. Ideally get a good intercooler and even a second vented or louvered bonnet for track use as it's getting the underbonnet heat out which is the real issue.

If he keeps the clio box it should fit ok.
In terms of heat, with general driving and even on track I had no issues with coolant temp, it was inlet temp which rose very quickly. Ideally get a good intercooler and even a second vented or louvered bonnet for track use as it's getting the underbonnet heat out which is the real issue.
Oh yeah . Completely forgot he wants to keep the clio box when I typed that [emoji1787]

Could always sell the clio box and buy an r26 box or even fit a diff to the meg box whilst it's still out the car .

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

Having owned both, i would stick to N/A, i would say my meglio was one of the best built cars out there when these conversions first appeared and I had spent a fortune to stop heat issues on track!

They are ace on the road, but as soon as you wanted to do hard session on track with anything more than 5 laps around brands hatch in the summer then it was an issue.

Not only the heat, but i think you loose some of the soul that makes the clio such a good car. Just my own opinion of course, but if i was looking for more power i think i may look into supercharging route if it were me.

Reactions: lewishunter98
I think once you’ve don’t the meg conversion it’ll lead you to either sell the car or chase more power.... depends what you’re after!

sell the b14s get some more track focused coilies and go full send!

Sean is right after a year you’ll want more power Lol. If you’re lucky it’ll bolt in and produce 267bhp but what are the chances of that realistically? Defo need an uprated intercooler. Oil cooler would help if you’re tracking it. Summer days in 25° you just gotta accept you’ll have to do short stints. Tbf that’s like most other modified cars

Come drive mine if you’re in two minds. Guarantee it’ll make you decide:thumb:

Edit: At Bedford 25th March if you fancy it?

Sean is right after a year you’ll want more power Lol. If you’re lucky it’ll bolt in and produce 267bhp but what are the chances of that realistically? Defo need an uprated intercooler. Oil cooler would help if you’re tracking it. Summer days in 25° you just gotta accept you’ll have to do short stints. Tbf that’s like most other modified cars

Come drive mine if you’re in two minds. Guarantee it’ll make you decide:thumb:

Edit: At Bedford 25th March if you fancy it?
The package actually does have an uprated intercooler & is tuned by RST. I don't doubt that it might lose a little bit being shoved into the Clio given the exhaust dia etc possibly being different. But I've always fancied it being around 250 ish. I do think standard they're reasonably quick, I feel mine gets through gears well. I just want that little bit more.

If you're being so kind as to offer, I may take you up on it [emoji6]

Who's the day with? I may have already asked Chris but I have track day credit with Javelin [emoji23]

Sent from my AC2003 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Big Ben
I know it’s more expensive but I’d look at the supercharger route as opposed to the Meg route.

SC keeps the N/A feel but that bit more fizz you need.

I know it’s more expensive but I’d look at the supercharger route as opposed to the Meg route.

SC keeps the N/A feel but that bit more fizz you need.
I did fancy the supercharger for a while but with house purchase looming I'm trying to not spend ridiculous amounts. By the looks of things a meg swap won't set me back much more than getting belts done anyway! Otherwise if I could drop supercharger money into it I would

The package actually does have an uprated intercooler & is tuned by RST. I don't doubt that it might lose a little bit being shoved into the Clio given the exhaust dia etc possibly being different. But I've always fancied it being around 250 ish. I do think standard they're reasonably quick, I feel mine gets through gears well. I just want that little bit more.

If you're being so kind as to offer, I may take you up on it [emoji6]

Who's the day with? I may have already asked Chris but I have track day credit with Javelin [emoji23]

The top number is a decent jump up but the torque number is the significant difference between the two. Every day driving is a breeze and punching out of slow corners is night and day. I’d say go for it and cross everything you got that it’s as straightforward a swap as it seems.
Yes I’m genuine come ride out in mine.
Bedford is with Opentrack I believe

Reactions: Sean197
Having owned both, i would stick to N/A, i would say my meglio was one of the best built cars out there when these conversions first appeared and I had spent a fortune to stop heat issues on track!

They are ace on the road, but as soon as you wanted to do hard session on track with anything more than 5 laps around brands hatch in the summer then it was an issue.

Not only the heat, but i think you loose some of the soul that makes the clio such a good car. Just my own opinion of course, but if i was looking for more power i think i may look into supercharging route if it were me.
Fair enough! Good insight to have considering you've been there and got the t shirt!

The top number is a decent jump up but the torque number is the significant difference between the two. Every day driving is a breeze and punching out of slow corners is night and day. I’d say go for it and cross everything you got that it’s as straightforward a swap as it seems.
Yes I’m genuine come ride out in mine.
Bedford is with Opentrack I believe
Yeah to be fair I like the idea of having the extra bit of torque.

I do love revving out an NA car, it just seems appealing to do. Never really been one for megging the clios but I have the taste for it all of a sudden.

Maybe like you say I just need to try one. I've been a passenger in one and it was mega quick.

Reactions: Big Ben
Just had a quick look over my old clio, with a 250 turbo it revved to 7200 and even at 6k it still had just over 200 lb/ft of torque with a 280 lb/ft peak figure, so a lot more at 6k than the clios peak figure. I always felt like it drove like it had a 3ltr V6 engine more than anything.

Been a little while! Just a little update

Yesterday I turned a spanner for the first time in ages on the car haha. Quick oil and filter change & swapped my stock wheels with the Goodyear's on to the car. Reason being is I have a new job & the Clio will be returning to daily duties for a little while & I figured I may aswell put some normal road tyres on and I wouldn't want to risk curbing the protracks as I'd cry [emoji23]looks a bit hovercraft like now, but oh well. Keen to see what these Goodyear's are like as I've had them since December and not tested

c95ebb7e1232675b839395ba3cb728fc.jpg

27316b6f47bfb1053fe7994b34f64a57.jpg

That's all for now [emoji28]

Did a little more maintenance on the car yesterday, changed out my drop links as it's MOT time next weekend. The boot on my RH side one has been pretty chewed up for a while but I've just not been able to do it. No knocking or anything and the ball joints were still actually solid but I thought I'd do it anyway as I'm sure a boot is a fail?

I was surprised at how corroded they looked, same with my bilsteins considering they all looked so clean for ages. I couldn't really work out how they looked so sorry so quickly.

One thing however, changing the drop links with the pure Motorsport top mounts is a pain! I'm guessing the caster just brings the shock closer to the arch liner and there is 0 room to squeeze the ball joint behind it. I ended up just slackening off the 3 bolts holding the top mount to the body as I was faffing around too much trying to get it in [emoji23]. So unnecessary but went straight in afterward. I was tempted to cut the length of the threads down but thought I best not

8d40da6e087eda4eec043a21821a5d9e.jpg

ed7571f49e028ba64c9e01caad63f3ea.jpg

Unfortunately nothing exciting as I don't really have motivation for modifying at the moment. But I will tackle cleaning up my bilsteins etc soon

They’re a right pain. There’s a big lump on the arch liner exactly where you need the access to remove.
I chopped a rectangle out of my liner

They’re a right pain. There’s a big lump on the arch liner exactly where you need the access to remove.
I chopped a rectangle out of my liner
Yeah exactly that. My old ones I was not fussed about so I just hammered them out and that did the trick. But getting back in obviously is a different matter. Is it just with the additional camber & caster you've noticed it? I swear they weren't that difficult previously

The bottom nut is a pain to get off too, as again, right where you want to be there's either wishbones/ or track rod arms/subframe/arch... I just chucked a spanner on the bottom one and again, hit it with a hammer [emoji23] Impact makes light work of the top nut though

Put a jack under the lower arm and jack it up, that should give you some more room, also try turning the wheels