Is it me or does it feel like we are losing more forum members than we are gaining..?

cant drive it,bloody expensive to run,all ways dirty
but love it wont be going no where for a long time

The best one is when someone sells up because of the running costs of the Clio that they have paid relative peanuts for, just to go out and buy something that costs 10-15k more, that they only keep for a few years anyway to keep up with the 'joneses' (not the jonesy mind!).
Too many have used running costs as an excuse to cover badge snobbery.
No disrespect to anyone who has genuinely downgraded due to financial reasons, I've been there done that and bought the tshirt.
Roll on my next 197......

im not selling mine cause of the cost or the fuel prices,

i like my toys and will buy something that suits my needs at the time,

0-60 in 3.8 secs is what i need now, hence the new bike, ( come winter i could be back in a 200 ). who now,s.

PMSL at some of the comments in this thread.

I do 12k a year minimum business miles and I don't know what I was thinking when I bought the Clio, 300 miles to a £70 tank.. Hmm

I'm not saying I couldn't afford it but saving for a house is my priority now I've had a bit of fun for 6 months, badge snobbery.. Yes please :tongueout: lol

cant drive it,bloody expensive to run,all ways dirty
but love it wont be going no where for a long time

That's cos your a real man Roy! lol

I can understand people selling to fund houses etc. I wouldn't of dreamed of buying a car like these before having the house in place first. I was lucky and got on the housing ladder a LONG time ago, so can afford to chuck money at the Clio. It keeps me from peeing it up the wall lol

I want a TT-s for the looks and the extra power(+ remap-ability 300BHP with 310NM!) and the fact you can play with that downloadable software and reprogram how the car behaves when the doors lock, if it beeps the brightness of lights, when the spoiler goes up or down or automatically goes down otherwise id have a Megane 230/250 just need to wait for the house purchase to go through and I get a few pay rises :wink:

756%20-%20blind%20faith%20follow%20sheep%20think.jpg

:wink:

I will be selling mine most likely in 12 months or so time. I'm going to be saving hard to buy a house over that time. When I've saved enough the Clio and my missus' Ka will both go and we will buy ONE bigger, cheaper to run car. The Ka isn't cheap to run (1.6 SportKa) and neither is the Clio. But my missus doesn't like driving the Clio or being a passenger in it, so keeping it wouldn't really be fair. And the Ka is, well, a Ka! Lol! I mean it's too small.

I want a TT-s for the looks and the extra power(+ remap-ability 300BHP with 310NM!) and the fact you can play with that downloadable software and reprogram how the car behaves when the doors lock, if it beeps the brightness of lights, when the spoiler goes up or down or automatically goes down otherwise id have a Megane 230/250 just need to wait for the house purchase to go through and I get a few pay rises :wink:

shame they didnt put as much effort in to making them handle!

Not ready just yet, still enjoying playin but a S3 sportsback is def high on the list. Also a plan to buy a Trophy. Future (if not already) a classic and the only true forever clio. Buy a good one and you wont lose a penny in 10 years. Renault missed a trick, the 197/200 was\is special but not special enough. At some point, the trophy will be worth more that the 197\200 clios....

ive already regretted getting rid of my trophy for a clio 200, no offense to the car its great but ive lost 3k since last june and my old trophy sold for 6.5k with 38,000 miles on. now trophy with 40k fetch nearly 7 grand. have a good car and lose money monthly or have an epic car and gain money in future? i know what im doing:thumbup:

I will be selling mine most likely in 12 months or so time. I'm going to be saving hard to buy a house over that time. When I've saved enough the Clio and my missus' Ka will both go and we will buy ONE bigger, cheaper to run car. The Ka isn't cheap to run (1.6 SportKa) and neither is the Clio. But my missus doesn't like driving the Clio or being a passenger in it, so keeping it wouldn't really be fair. And the Ka is, well, a Ka! Lol! I mean it's too small.
keep the car get rid of GF lol:tongueout:anic:

since selling mine due to a new family member arrival i have not felt right ! i am looking forward to the day when i can afford to run a 197 again on the side of my leon. i miss the fun factor of the clio . the leon is fast but just not as fun :worried:

Lol Mike good one!

As for the Clio being awful on fuel, when we were out last weekend the Clio's averaged 26mpg and the Golf ed30 managed 23mpg, the Audi a4 was 16mpg IIRC...

It can be false economy buying a new car when you factor in depreciation and other costs. Only way to really save money is to buy a small second-hand diesel.

The most important thing is that you enjoy what you drive IMO.:thumbup:

keep the car get rid of GF lol:tongueout:anic:

I don't think I would get many friends leaving the missus for a car! Lol! I like the Clio, but not that much! You can't have sex with a car either! Ha ha!

That's cos your a real man Roy! lol

I can understand people selling to fund houses etc. I wouldn't of dreamed of buying a car like these before having the house in place first. I was lucky and got on the housing ladder a LONG time ago, so can afford to chuck money at the Clio. It keeps me from peeing it up the wall lol
It keeps me from peeing it up the wall lol
lol Ant. see it actually saves you money having a 197
if i have the money i will still buy a LY 197:tongueout:anic:

Ive had my R27 from brand new, im never selling mine ever! I love it to much, even after driving much faster cars i drive mine and think wow!! Will be on here for years to come, until its full of chavs.