Is it me or does it feel like we are losing more forum members than we are gaining..?

Strange but feels like more and more people are selling up for more sensible options. There have been some high profile cars put back to standard and sold on.

Is the clio is like having a holiday romance, very exciting, lots of fun while it last but equally exhausting. Eventually we all go back to what we know best.....normal German in car terms. Might seem borin' but you won't catch herpes.....lol

Last edited:
I was going to start a thread on this, seems like alot of people leaving the clios!!
I won't get rid of mine for a couple more years at the least, and probably then i will get a 200, love them too much!

Yeah it seems like that so far!

Iv considered selling so many times also, i love the Clio but fancy something that i can spend 500 quid on and get good gain hence why i haven't modded my clio.

I have been told that I have to sell mine due to the cost of fuel....Im not listening though, its staying! lol

I have looked at megane sport diesels though tbh, but I don't do the miles so thought it was pointless!

Strange but feels like more and more people are selling up for more sensible options. There have been some high profile cars put back to standard and sold on.

Is the clio is like having a holiday romance, very exciting, lots of fun while it last but equally exhausting. Eventually we all go back to what we know best.....normal German in car terms. Might seem borin' but you won't catch herpes.....lol

You can rest assured that the green one will be staying (For a long time). :bounce:

I think its just a natural thing tbh. People move on. Fuel prices etc aint gonna help the Clio much either.

Im so glad I sold mine when I did, cant even think what I would have lost if I hadnt.

I was going to start a thread on this, seems like alot of people leaving the clios!!
I won't get rid of mine for a couple more years at the least, and probably then i will get a 200, love them too much!

Thats what we all say.....our lifestyle now dictates that modern cars have to be much more that just going fast. Unfortunately the financial climate also means that its harder to justify having a toy that comes out its box every few months. Fast BM's Audi's and VW's seem to be able to produce cars that tick more boxes than not. Also buy sensible, you won't lose too much money.
For example, A used S3 sportsback in white with black roof, 300 bhp is a package hard to beat.....

Last edited:
Thats what we all say.....our lifestyle now dictates that modern cars have to be much more that just going fast. Unfortunately the financial climate also means that its harder to justify having a toy that comes out its box every few months. Fast BM's Audi's and VW's seem to be able to produce cars that tick more boxes than not. Also by sensible, you won't lose to much money.
For example A used S3 sports back in white with black roof, 300 bhp is a package hard to beat.....

So when you selling up then? :-p

Thats what we all say.....our lifestyle now dictates that modern cars have to be much more that just going fast. Unfortunately the financial climate also means that its harder to justify having a toy that comes out its box every few months. Fast BM's Audi's and VW's seem to be able to produce cars that tick more boxes than not. Also buy sensible, you won't lose too much money.
For example, A used S3 sportsback in white with black roof, 300 bhp is a package hard to beat.....

why would you want a car that looks like a van.......:tongueout:anic:

So when you selling up then? :-p

Not ready just yet, still enjoying playin but a S3 sportsback is def high on the list. Also a plan to buy a Trophy. Future (if not already) a classic and the only true forever clio. Buy a good one and you wont lose a penny in 10 years. Renault missed a trick, the 197/200 was\is special but not special enough. At some point, the trophy will be worth more that the 197\200 clios....

Last edited:
Amen brother!

I do think its a cost thing more than anything else. TBH the only reason I would sell mine is if I couldn't afford it. It puts too much of a smile on my face on a weekend to get rid!

Saying that though the National meet proud they are still popular with some people and there were a lot of faces I recognise from previous years. I still think that once bitten by the RS bug it is hard to get rid!

I'm not sure it's just the Clio, I'm sure other people with other performance cars have sought slightly cheaper ones to run recently.

Cost wasnt a reason for me. Fuel isnt too expensive yet. The Clio is a joke when it comes to MPG figures.

I just didnt bond with it. In fact, i tried to get rid of it last year. Right car came up at work, Clio was doomed.

I've had mine for a year and 1 month, normally getting bored of a car by now but I still love the clio as much as I did when I first drove it. It can be a bit of a pain sometimes, I think the ride is too harsh for going round town and the cold start performance is quite annoying but get out on an open road and nothing will beat it.

Will be keeping for at least another year, if not 2. Then will probably move on to a megane 250 seeing as the clio has been so good