How does your gearbox feel?

Could anyone describe how the gearbox works in their Clio? When it's cold, warm, driven hard, changing at low revs, high revs....etc.

Just wondered how do you "feel your gearbox" :wink:

Could anyone describe how the gearbox works in their Clio? When it's cold, warm, driven hard, changing at low revs, high revs....etc.

Just wondered how do you "feel your gearbox" :wink:

Come to ZG, and you'll know. :biggrin:

@Raptor - could even happen :scared::biggrin:

Just wanted to see how others feel the gear changes at different circumstances cause if I write me experience I'll write a novel :lol:

cold = difficult to go in gear and a bit notchy
warm - lot smoother but can at times be diifcult to get a gear
hot - better change but can feel a bit clonky

yeah cold mine is abit notchy like reli early in mornings when its reli cold:worried: but started to let it warm up for 5-10 mins now if its been cold.:tongueout:

my 197cup @ 7,000 miles;

COLD- its notchy but a fix for a smooth shift on mine when it's cold is to change up before 2k (probably easier for me than others as I'm out the house at 06.15)

WARM & HOT- a slick change

already had a new box fitted at 35k, On 40, now starting to crunch into 3rd :| hardly even been driving it that much recently either

@Raptor - could even happen :scared::biggrin:

Just wanted to see how others feel the gear changes at different circumstances cause if I write me experience I'll write a novel :lol:

A colleague of mine had his gearbox changed twice...bloody french excuses for a car. :lol:

A colleague of mine had his gearbox changed twice...bloody french excuses for a car. :lol:

LoL but you must imagine I had 7 Alfas and 3 Fiats in the past 3-4 years (only 3 really good ones) so anything that doesn't brake after I hammer it is a real revelation for me :lol:

Cold = it's a bit notchy but before I get my car out of the garage it's already "ok". I play with my throttle a bit when I change gears and it goes a lot smoother. When the engine is cold I'm driving it only till 2.5k rpm and I never need to rush so I can take my time with changing gears as best as I can but the gearbox could be a bit smoother.

Warm = very good but from time to time the gearbox still feels a bit "wierd". The only new car I can compare it to is my sisters Bravo 09' and in the Bravo's is far worse. Think when driving from 3000rpm onwards the gear changes are really slick and quick.

Hot (let's say this is after a nice number of km or when pushing it some time) = this is when it's really at its best. The gears slide in. There is no trouble shifting when hammering it - sometimes I do feel a bit hesitation when down shifting but nothing a throttle burst can't fix :biggrin:

Bit hesitant when cold to get into 1st and reverse....but feels good when warm and hot..smoooooooooth