Is it me or does it feel like we are losing more forum members than we are gaining..?

Ive had my R27 from brand new, im never selling mine ever! I love it to much, even after driving much faster cars i drive mine and think wow!! Will be on here for years to come, until its full of chavs.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IxAKFlpdcfc[/YOUTUBE]

What have I started....I love forums.
For me my approach to buyin the clio was......
1. Buy used (actually bought damaged)...means you'll have plently of cash to spend on it..and things like warranty wont get in the way of modd'n. I don't care about the snobery of buyin' a write off. Never bought it to make money and even if I spent 4 grand on a supercharger (which I won't) still would be less than what I would have paid for used one with 36k on clock.
2. No finance, would buy it cash
3. Can't be my main driver....anyway got family diesel BMW and daughters 207
4. Don't Borrow money to mod it. If I haven't got it I would have left it standard. Moddin' bingo is a expensive game. There is also moddin snobery on forums...."If it cost the most I'm havin it". Keeping clio honest and cheap. Theres nothing better than a fleebay bargain. I've seen it many times, people sell the car to pay off their credit card which was max'd out on mods they spent on the car in the first place???
5. Stay away from steallers. Can be expensive, anyway Clios are easy for anyone to work on....
6. Be selfish...I don't listen or watch what my mates have got or get into pub talk (size of penis's stuff).
7. Remember what I bought the clio for....its fast but its the twisties where it is a giant killer
8. Drive it properly and regular to make the most of it...
9. Join a forum and listen to good advice but make my own mind up. Remember there are people on Forums who will be no more informed than you are....How can someone tell you about a mod they have never done themselves (?)
10. Remember the clio was not built to take on the likes of Fast astra's, golfs...In its league its second to none, however it will give many a nose bleed...
10+. Enjoy the clio. Its a fantastic little car that loves to be driven, my LY F1 turns heads where ever it goes. Even people will more expensive stuff will look and random people are for ever asking me about it. The clio was not my forever car. I'm just passing through. S3 sportback next (for completely different reasons). Like most of us, life forces opon us to make decisions that we don't always want to make but better to have loved and lost than to have never loved at all. The romance continues...matched inlets, cams and maybe a dirty weekend away in Germany(?).....then I can tick this box and said I owned a car that after a challenging day at work...take the jacket off and take the long high road home...Ahmen to that

Last edited:
1. Buy used...means you'll have plently of cash to spend on it..and things like warranty wont get in the way of modd'n
2. No (or little) finance ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
3. Can't be your main driver if you have a family....
4. Don't Borrow money to mod it. If you haven't got it leave it standard. Moddin' bingo is a expensive game. The is also moddin snobery on forums. If it cost the most I'm havin it. Cheap your clio honest to you. I've seen it many times, people sell the car to pay off their credit card which was max'd out on mods they spent on the car???
5. Stay away from steallers (only if you must)-Clios are easy to work on....
6. Be selfish...don't listen or watch what your mates have got or get into pub talk (sizes of penis's stuff).
7. Remember what you bought the clio for....its fast but its the twisties where is a giant killer
9. Join a forum and listen to good advice but make your own mind up. Remember there are people on Forums who will be no more informed than you are....
10. Remember the clio was not built to take on the likes of Fast astra's, golfs and the like...leave that to the Megs. In its league its second to none, and will give many nose bleed to others...
10+. Enjoy the clio. Its a fantastic little car that loves to be driven, my LY F1 turns heads where ever it goes. Even people will more expensive stuff will look and random people are for ever asking me about it. The clio was not my forever car. I'm just passing through. Like most of us, life forces opon us to make decisions that we don't always want to make but better to have loved and lost than to have never loved at all. The romance continues...matched inlets, cams and maybe a dirty weekend away in Germany(?).....then I can tick this box and said I owned a car that after a challenging day at work...take the jacket of and take the high road home...Ahmen

Amen!!

I'm sure you'll find a bargain somewhere, you always do lol! Not gonna turbo it then dude?

I bought mine because I fell for it on the first picture I saw of it ;/

I don't regret buying it and will be sure to keep it for another two years or so before moving onto something else.

1. Buy used (actually bought damaged)...means you'll have plently of cash to spend on it..and things like warranty wont get in the way of modd'n. I don't care about the snobery of buyin' a write off. Never bought it to make money and even if I spent 4 grand on a supercharger (which I won't) still would be less than what I would have paid for used one with 36k on clock.
2. No finance, would buy it cash
3. Can't be my main driver....anyway got family diesel BMW and daughters 207
4. Don't Borrow money to mod it. If I haven't got it I would have left it standard. Moddin' bingo is a expensive game. There is also moddin snobery on forums...."If it cost the most I'm havin it". Keeping clio honest and cheap. Theres nothing better than a fleebay bargain. I've seen it many times, people sell the car to pay off their credit card which was max'd out on mods they spent on the car in the first place???
5. Stay away from steallers. Can be expensive, anyway Clios are easy for anyone to work on....
6. Be selfish...I don't listen or watch what my mates have got or get into pub talk (size of penis's stuff).
7. Remember what I bought the clio for....its fast but its the twisties where it is a giant killer
9. Join a forum and listen to good advice but make my own mind up. Remember there are people on Forums who will be no more informed than you are....How can someone tell you about a mod they have never done themselves (?)
10. Remember the clio was not built to take on the likes of Fast astra's, golfs...In its league its second to none, however it will give many a nose bleed...
10+. Enjoy the clio. Its a fantastic little car that loves to be driven, my LY F1 turns heads where ever it goes. Even people will more expensive stuff will look and random people are for ever asking me about it. The clio was not my forever car. I'm just passing through. S3 sportback next (for completely different reasons). Like most of us, life forces opon us to make decisions that we don't always want to make but better to have loved and lost than to have never loved at all. The romance continues...matched inlets, cams and maybe a dirty weekend away in Germany(?).....then I can tick this box and said I owned a car that after a challenging day at work...take the jacket off and take the long high road home...Ahmen to that

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IxAKFlpdcfc&feature=player_embedded[/YOUTUBE]

I'm wanting to keep mine for as long as poss!! Hell why change when I'm having so much fun?! You can't take you're money with you in the end so might as well enjoy it!!

well seems to have picked up slightly for new members...so not all so bad i suppose :wink:

I'm a new member and i have only had my Clio for a few months. It's a great little car! As for fuel consumption metioned earlier i really don't think it's that bad. My last car was an RX-8. That never saw over 20mpg. My Clio is currently sitting at 29 on the commute to work and back for the week. The Mazda did 17!!!! Some of the points are good buy cheap, so you don't get wiped out depreciation etc. Overall it's a great car and i won't be changing any time soon. The lure of an econmical diesel just isn't there for me. I like the look of the Megane 250 if i'm honest!

I've had mine for 4 years now and it still puts a big grin on my face each time I drive it! For me it's the ideal size for a small island, big enough to transport most things I need, small enough to nip through the lanes and speedy enough to take on our hols to France...plus I absolutely love love love the noise it makes when I wind it up........

as much as i like the car i think ill be giving back sooner than my 2years, the fuel and tax are the main things, also i tend to gel with cars that i really like quite quickly. the clio hasnt done that i cant really put a finger on why

theres things like i used to clean my integra every week with out fail the clio gets left for months, driving the teg made me buzz the clio feels like it wants to kill me but in a bad way, stuff like the esc and abs kick in too soon for my driving style so i cant drive the car propperly, i dont know

maybe i just need to man up a do a few more trackdays

as much as i like the car i think ill be giving back sooner than my 2years, the fuel and tax are the main things, also i tend to gel with cars that i really like quite quickly. the clio hasnt done that i cant really put a finger on why

theres things like i used to clean my integra every week with out fail the clio gets left for months, driving the teg made me buzz the clio feels like it wants to kill me but in a bad way, stuff like the esc and abs kick in too soon for my driving style so i cant drive the car propperly, i dont know

maybe i just need to man up a do a few more trackdays

Deffo need to man up and get on a few more trackdays and get the rear tail out :wink:
:thumbup1:

Oh well - just about made the two years and the 200 is going next week.

22,000 miles of smiles - but in the end the hike in fuel prices was too much for my wallet to continue with.

Still - looks like it cost me £2k a year in depreciation so not too bad (probably about the same in fuel).