What does it feel like

A2ON

Platinum Member
When you gearbox was starting to go ?

What did you notice first of all ?

How did it feel ?

When it " went " was it un drivable ?

Ours didnt "feel" any different tbh. Just decided one day to crunch likr fudge going into 4th. Learned to drive around the problem (Just dont use 4th) until it was replaced.

mine is feeling clunky in 4th sometimes normally under heavy load hard driving 3rd to 4th

when you say crunch . . . how agressive was it to start with . . . was it every time or sparadic

mine seems to be on and off so to speak

ahh ok perhaps mine is not so bad then . . . mine is almost like the clutch is not fully depressed sometimes

mine is almost like the clutch is not fully depressed sometimes

Is it more obvious when the car is cold mate? Many people have said they have notchy-boxes when cold.

And, not being a d!ck, but, you have checked the floormat isn't getting caught behind the pedal? It's quite common on these if you don't get the mats in the exact right place or hold them in with the right amount of clips/velcro... It might not be really obvious to sppot and could just be the very edge of the mat catching, but it'd be enough to stop full engagement of the clutch.

ill give it a check thanks mate im sure its fine , just worried about the ring and spa trackday ive just booked for jully want car to be spot on !!!

Mines just become very sticky going into first, sometimes failing to completely. However seeing as it's out of warranty and fitted with a quaife it aint getting changed anytime soon!

I haven't heard of any actually failing, just becoming less pleasant to use.

With mine it was downchanging into third, where if you changed gently it was fine but if you tried to rush it, it didn't like it and would seem to "catch".

Your issue could be a failed slave, might be worth taking it to a dealer?