I don't know where this is going to end up...

Thanks chaps - if I take the wheels it’ll rain, if I don’t it’ll be dry! I’ll only regret it if I don’t take them, and they do fit nicely in the boot so decision made!

What do you guys do with spare wheels and all your gear when you’re out on track? Assuming I probably won’t have a garage.

Just leave them stacked on top of each other in the paddock, together with any other bits of kit you take with you. Normally there are more cars than garages and a lot of people leave their stuff in the paddock.

Reactions: littleg78
As above or what i've seen is people take a pop up gazebo to then put the stuff under.
Of course this is all left at your own risk, normally it's very safe but I have read of stuff being nicked (it's normally tracks that don't have a paddock right by garages).

Ask a friendly looking face if you could store stuff in the corner of their garage. People often ask me and I’ve never refused

Well… this has escalated fairly quickly!

Donington was only my 2nd track day, but I soon got fed up of the lack of power on the straights, and running out of rpm approaching a corner.

Car sounds awesome and feels amazing in the corners, but I’m flat out almost 100% of the time and need a bit extra power.

So I read @Big Ben build thread this morning and got the car booked in for a Meg swap this afternoon.

I thought (momentarily) about selling up and buying a megane - but I’ve spent a lot of time and money on my Clio, and I love the handling, so Meg engine seemed the best way forward!

Could have gone either way… but after a couple of track days I’m hooked and happy to spend a bit more cash on it!

Going to BeanieSport for the conversion, I think they’ll do a proper job, and can hopefully get it done by mid November. Then back to Engine Dynamics for a map!

Reactions: Big Ben
Could have gone either way… but after a couple of track days I’m hooked and happy to spend a bit more cash on it!

Going to BeanieSport for the conversion, I think they’ll do a proper job, and can hopefully get it done by mid November. Then back to Engine Dynamics for a map!
Fantastic mate. That’s the route I took and never looked back. Boost becomes addictive:thumb:

Only decision I’ve got left to make about the conversion is whether or not to retain the AC.

In terms of comfort I think I’ll miss it - but removing it leaves more space in engine bay for header tank and induction.

Looking for any Meglio owners who can share their experience - did you delete/keep and any regrets either way?

I regret removing mine about twice a year. I don’t really use the car that much in high summer but subconsciously that might be because I don’t have aircon!
Not much help but my opinion would be to remove it to free up space

Personally I'd keep the A/C :smiley: - it can always be removed later, but adding it back is a huge pain IMHO. I think I will aim to lose weight in the car everywhere before eventually considering the A/C.

I’d probably not run it on a meg engine, cus they already struggle enough with temps.
The AC condenser would just make the issue worse.

I’d probably not run it on a meg engine, cus they already struggle enough with temps.
The AC condenser would just make the issue worse.
Exactly. Tbf temps are/were fine if you run sub 300hp. It’s once you break that threshold you need to start fighting them harder

You’ve basically just summed up all of the arguments that are going round in my head!!!

This car was never about comfort - it’s about a fun build, and I think the right thing to for the car is to remove the aircon.

I’m 100% sure I’ll miss it on hot days… but I’m old enough to remember when cars didn’t have aircon and (manual) windows were just fine!

Thanks for the input!!!

Reactions: Big Ben
You’ve basically just summed up all of the arguments that are going round in my head!!!

This car was never about comfort - it’s about a fun build, and I think the right thing to for the car is to remove the aircon.

I’m 100% sure I’ll miss it on hot days… but I’m old enough to remember when cars didn’t have aircon and (manual) windows were just fine!

Thanks for the input!!!

So on the flip side to this, yes it's not a daily etc, but your comfort and alertness is down to your temperature regulation, many people I know who live near or at 'Ring always try and keep their AC for that very reason, now I know meglio temps can be hard to keep down, but if you can retain it in your initial mod choices I would.