how do i beat mates type - r?

1067_vtec_yo_1.jpg

these cars werent built for straight line speed. Strip it out!

well maybe ill settle for a comprimise....how do i get my clio to sound like the clio R3

Probably make it too loud lol!!!!
Completely forgot about the Miltek sorry dude. Remove the cat or put a sports cat on it:tongueout:roud:

Erm, the rear suspension on the Clio is no more sophisticated, just better set up.

I know, but ours has always been that way so now it's set up really well. Renault have done the Porsche thing of refusing to evolve and just tinker instead. :smile:

The current CTR has taken a step back from the EP3 in that respect. It's nowhere near as potent now. Still a great car though.

But know he has had a full system and decat an induction kit from USA an a remap and is producing 220bhp.

How much did he spend getting all that done? Because in theory to keep things fair you would need to spend the same sort of budget as well.

Once you know how much you have to play with we can tell you the best gains for that money. :001_rolleyes:

Less of the civic bashing!!!!! lol to be honest little between them ive owned both i also found the 182 felt and went quicker than my r27 and now even quicker in the 'R' but ive had a play against both in the civic its close till abot 70-80 then i start to pull away (all cars were standard) this is just my opinion not wanting to start a war!! lol

Last week, I did a race against a type R with 230 hp, and I lost it by a very narrow margin.

Hi spend 3000€ for tuning his car.

I test drove the EP3 and the new civic before getting my 200, and the EP3 is certainly a car that i think 'hmmm this i'll be interesting' if i come across one. But the newer one, didnt like it too much (IMO) felt very understeery and i reckon even with 220bhp the clio would still be quicker purely on the corners though!
You've just gota try harder, lol.

ditch the rear seats and all the non essentials.

its free and will make your car miles quicker!

i test drove a CTR anniversary the day before i bought my 197 and hated it. honestly i cant see what all the fuss is about with the civic. o thought the suspension was terrible and that power band is a joke

Build quality wise though the civic is in a league of its own. That interior is a lovely place to be. Makes the 197s feel like a Robin.

Similar Thread Suggestions