What can the 197 beat in a straight line drag then ?

hi all iam not a chav or boy racer i respect my car...but just in case i have a rep in a bmw or vaux next to me, i want to know how the 197 will compare ?

Last edited by a moderator:
i personally think posts like this are stupid, if u really wanna know look up the 197 0-60 time and compare vs other cars

it is just rhetorical as the OP would like to know peoples experiences. no point in just using 0 - 60 times, as there are various factors to be taken into account.

i don't think he will go out racing a ferrari f40 if we tell him a 197 will beat one.

This reminds me of the "Just raced a civic type R" threads that used to come up on uk-mkivs all the time.

Youll find out quickly enough depending on your mentality,

Last edited:
they do 0 to 60 in 6.9 ish seconds. just work it out by looking different cars 0 to 60 time up to see how it will compare.

failing that get your self to santa pod etc on a weekend to see how you do.

dont be a scally wag gunning it from the lights burning tyres up, we all like racing but do it where you wont get banned y0

if its anything to you I absolutely destroyed the X23 Express to Glasgow last week. Was like he wasnt even trying. Poof :thumbdown:

I have had a Ferrari 360 Challenge Stradale off the line before - he stalled! LMAO :lol:

On north weald drag strip i have beaten ( off nitrous )

1) Civic type R ( EP3 )
2) Honda Integra
3) Golt gti mk5
4) Abarth 500
5) Clio 182

On nitrous :wink: :

1) Megane r26r
2) Astra VXR
3) Starlets
4) Focus ST

I did have a Biker the other day..........................

Mind you he was a push biker! :smiley:

On north weald drag strip i have beaten ( off nitrous )

1) Civic type R ( EP3 )
2) Honda Integra
3) Golt gti mk5
4) Abarth 500
5) Clio 182

That's quite impressive I though the EP3 should be quite a close match.

iv had a fair run in with two porker gt3s, one i didnot know the guy, and i had just been in to my works office and been told they wer paying me off, after 110 i deciced lossing my licence and job on the same day was a bad idea, and to say he want rommping past was a understatement, second was with i local guy i know, on well knowen twisties, and the the driver was very inpressed with the 197. also had a drag with the same guy when he owned his carrera s, and we wer side by side to 100. private road btw. a few ppl have been surprised how good the clio is against the big boys.