how do i beat mates type - r?

As said, leave the Clio as it is and just enjoy it.

Then laugh at your mate while you go on an expensive holiday this summer.... 8)

sigh paul . . . .. . it only makes it funner . . . . tell me you didnt have fun at oulton park :smile:

Build quality wise though the civic is in a league of its own. That interior is a lovely place to be. Makes the 197s feel like a Robin.

My thoughts exactly but I got laughed at when I said I was buying one :worried:

its got it where it doesnt need it - great interior design but they have scrimped on the brakes and suspension

as for the one i had on demo the plastics inside were creeky and door handles felt awful as if they were gunna break off in your hand!

Id have one! I had a play with one and I pulled on him but it was close tbh! Clio looks miles Better as well!

lol compares closelyto a summer holiday. the smell of burnt rubber and fumes :smile:

Clearly your all not doing it right lol, i honestly have no problems shrugging off type Rs :wink:

I destroyed an Integra last season at North Weald :tongueout:

the new civic seems to be better quality interior than the old one but the one i drove (2005 anniversary edition with red recaros and carpets etc) the interior squeaked and rattled more than the clio.

the gearknob wear dead quick as does the leather on the momo steering wheel. the red mats fade really quick and the panel gaps on the front bumper/spoiler are in the same league as renault - not great.

all the silver effect paint on the dash ages and marks easy and the inside door handles are a mess if the driver/passanger wears rings.

my clio will be 4 in july and the interior looks brand new. a 4 year old civic looks shocking inside. all jap stuff is the same

imprezas for example. interiors wear and age very quickly.

dont get me wrong the honda will be 100% reliable mechanically but i think theyre not all theyre cracked up to be in build, fit and finish

I drove an 80k FN2 a couple of months ago and I was really impressed, really tight.

Can't really comment on the interior of the EP3, but I would guess the interior should be of similar quality and materials to our 75k '05 CR-V, which aside from the interior sill trims and kick panels still looks very smart.

The FN2 had longer gearing that my 197 which is probably why it is easier to get caught outside the power band, albeit at the benefit of improved motorway refinement.

when we first had them standard.he couldnt catch me.and at the same time neither could a astra vxr nurburgring but always want to beat him and always have.but dont want him to get the edge on me

when we first had them standard.he couldnt catch me.and at the same time neither could a astra vxr nurburgring but always want to beat him and always have.but dont want him to get the edge on me

the astra must have been down on power because these things in a straight line make even me look like i am going backwards who knows what intercooler, zorst, cams or whatever the 1 i raced was running though

the astra must have been down on power because these things in a straight line make even me look like i am going backwards who knows what intercooler, zorst, cams or whatever the 1 i raced was running though

ive had a astra myself 08 plate running 290bhp.he reckons manifold had cracked ut so did mine and once warm you couldt tell

I drove an 80k FN2 a couple of months ago and I was really impressed, really tight.

Do they feel a bit heavy? Only ever sat in one as despite mulling around the local dealer for 30 minutes no-one asked me if I wanted a test-drive :s but I know insuring one or even a 3 year old ep3 was more expensive than the clio.

Though I didn't like the interior on it either as it just felt a bit enclosing/claustrophobic and the seats were a bit small for me.....

My ep3 will be 7 years old soon not a rattle or fade or sqeek on the interior or seats same for my mates 6 year old premier edition the only thing my rear bumber could do with a respray (previous bodge job) and stone chips on the front the rest of the car is unmarked not bad for the age of the thing! It's in far superior condition than my old r27 ever was (2007)

My ep3 will be 7 years old soon not a rattle or fade or sqeek on the interior or seats same for my mates 6 year old premier edition the only thing my rear bumber could do with a respray (previous bodge job) and stone chips on the front the rest of the car is unmarked not bad for the age of the thing! It's in far superior condition than my old r27 ever was (2007)

Thats forums for you. Ever had a peep at another forum???? Read what 172/182 owners think about 197's or Ford owners think about Japs. Worst than that, what Porsche drivers think about everybody....without generalising, its very difficult to get objectivity about other cars on Forums....can feel like your questioning the size of another man's penis lol

Similar Thread Suggestions