how do i beat mates type - r?

when i first bought the clio my mate was like mines faster than yours,so i soon showed him :wink: But know he has had a full system and decat an induction kit from USA an a remap and is producing 220bhp.i havent had ago against him since then but im guessing hes faster.so what can i do to get him back.i have got a milltek cat back and induction kit (which is being changed over soon as im defo losing power).so what can i do to get a few extra horses?his is a newer shape civic if i didnt mention that

How big is your budget? :driveby:

A remap is always an option. Should see some good gains with that and the exhaust?

What you replacing the induction kit with? Standard setup or V6 airbox setup? Some say the V6 setup is the best for the Clio.

That, the exhaust and remap should help.

How big is your budget? :driveby:

A remap is always an option. Should see some good gains with that and the exhaust?

What you replacing the induction kit with? Standard setup or V6 airbox setup? Some say the V6 setup is the best for the Clio.

That, the exhaust and remap should help.

just stick a big fat bottle of wet NOS in the back like Ben has done,

with those mods as well you will be laughing ^^^^^^^

Ditch the miltek, go akrapovic. Inlets, and map will make the clio feel much more alert and feisty! Just stick an itg in, or if budget allows go for v6 box.

Just a quote from matt @ TDF. For those that dont know they have run a 197 in the britt car series, and generally knows his onions :smile:

Little point in decatting it, the standard cats are very low loss. V6 airbox is also a bit of a pointless one as it was used on the X85's as a form of inlet air restrictor (note how close to the rear of the headlight the inlet is).

Standard inlets are a vast improvement on the earlier 172/182 inlets.

In short have it remaped and enjoy as most of the basic upgrades on the 172/182 are there as standard on the 197/200

Best Regards
Matt

SO from that, dont bother :wink:

Also tell him that you drive a Clio which is in a different class segment. So, you either come back with a R26 Meggy, or he brings his Honda Jazz :wink:

Just a quote from matt @ TDF. For those that dont know they have run a 197 in the britt car series, and generally knows his onions :smile:

SO from that, dont bother :wink:

Also tell him that you drive a Clio which is in a different class segment. So, you either come back with a R26 Meggy, or he brings his Honda Jazz :wink:

Thats the same advice Matt gave me when i was getting mine mapped at TDF. He knows his stuff.

Forget spending money on the engine.

Fit some hankook rs2s!

The car will accelerate from rest harder, change direction better and brake better.

I bet you would need to spend thousands on the engine before it would bit faster than a standard one with some sticker rubber.

There still won't be much in it in a straight line, not as much as you'd think.

Just tell him he's a massive VTEC YO! gayer and get him on a nice twisty road and then when he eventually catches up to you once you've had time to get out and make a brew, ask him why Honda decided not to use the fantastic rear suspension off the old CTR (which still doesn't handle anywhere near as good as a Clio) and put something resembling mid-90s Peugeot suspension on the back of his. :wink:

Simply adjust your driving not your motor. Type Rs are ripe for abit of out powering them off the corners.

Catch a type r out of it's powerband, 90% of it's rev range, and you can sail past like he's not even trying. So use the 197 where it's best and gain a headstart of that corner exit.

Ctr's are very good!! The clio is better but the civic will still be there. One of the few hatches that i'd think 'oh ****, ive got my work cut out now', if one was on my tail! In the average joe's hands there will be fook all in it.

lol I wudnt even bother racing it with a standard, those jap engines are bullet proof. u can do a me and get 230 brake by spending 7k on the clio. . .. . or just laugh at him cus ure car looks better and thats the end of it

1067_vtec_yo_1.jpg

these cars werent built for straight line speed. Strip it out!

Similar Thread Suggestions