Are the headlight cold air feed jobbies an easy thing to do?

It’s not super difficult just a bit awkward, i used a hole saw to cut a hole in the front and the back and then a bit of dremeling to get it to sit roughly where it needs to go. then just used sealant to glue it in.

The annoying bit is not getting a load of dust and debris in the headlight and trying to get it to sit as flush as possible at the front.

the job I did looks better in the pictures than in person but it’ll work!

@RSRowe sells them here:

Cheers for the tag Gav.
I stopped listing them a while ago due to how awkward they are to fit, but if someone wants on I can add one as 'in stock'

Another thing to note, is they're for a 197. Gav managed to bodge his onto his 200 though :sweatsmile:

Cheers for the tag Gav.
I stopped listing them a while ago due to how awkward they are to fit, but if someone wants on I can add one as 'in stock'

Another thing to note, is they're for a 197. Gav managed to bodge his onto his 200 though :sweatsmile:

lol true i forgot about that, probably why it was awkward to get it to sit flush :tearsofjoy:

As it's Friday its time for a silly question.

I take it there's no point in running these with the standard battery location/ air box?

As it's Friday its time for a silly question.

I take it there's no point in running these with the standard battery location/ air box?

it’s ideal if your running a v6 airbox which you need to relocate the battery for

I ran a cold air feed from the fog light to just behind the headlight. If you left your battery and had a ktec induction I’m sure you could do the same but run it under

jts pretty pointless if you’ve got a standard air box as mentioned

I got the small washer bottle in this afternoon in preparation for fitting some brake ducts soon.
Got it to fit perfectly with the original filler tube, almost like i’ve done it before :think:

3A3900E3-3903-471C-AE5C-CE32B32CCAF1.jpeg

ECEDF6F8-8DB4-4E65-B683-EB922BAE426E.jpeg

I’ll be shamelessly copying @LiamP setup below with the corvette brake ducts

C163965A-3243-48EC-AAD0-2D37364A5385.jpeg

I also fitted our new cold air feed, hopefully we’ll see if there’s any difference with mapping next week. probably not, but it wont hurt!

CCE81F0A-13AD-45BD-AA23-D6BCB51979AA.jpeg

B56489E7-BA89-4E4A-A42B-42A4734A98D3.jpeg

The Corvette brake ducts were installed today.

IMG_4976.jpeg

I had spoken to @LiamP to ask how had installed his Corvette brake ducts and he had confirmed that he had just used cable ties. @EthanMenace did a quick test fit and worked out that the brake ducts are a really good fit for the Clio and direct the air pretty much directly at the calliper if the wheels are straight.

The arch liner required a hole being cut in it to allow the aperture of the brake duct to allow air to get in to the wheel arch. But even when full lock was applied there was no rubbing. It is tight and only time will tell if the arch liners do not rub and get destroyed on track days.

IMG_4979.jpeg

We have replaced the bottom clip/plug that goes in the bottom hole of the front arch liner with a thick cable tie now to help keep the arch liner as far away from the wheel as possible.

IMG_4981.jpeg

We took the car for a test drive and we can't hear any rubbing so hopefully all is well in the wheel arches.

The Clio version 2 is pretty much at the standard that the first car was. It has taken about 6 months to get to this stage and all credit goes to @EthanMenace for doing 99% of the work. My contribution today was to polish the cold air feed headlight as it had some minor scratches. The car is going to be mapped at Engine Dynamics on Thursday this week in time for a track day at Truxton on 5th May 2023.

I still have a strong urge to get a stud and nut kit soon, and a cup spoiler on the car by summer time.

Last edited:
The car paid a visit to Engine Dynamics in Kelvedon today to be remapped.

IMG_4991.jpeg

The car had been on K-Tec's dyno in October 2020 after the Akra had been installed when it had produced a top figure of 197bhp.

The main reason for getting it remapped was that we had dropped the old engine in to the new chassis but had retained the ECU from the new chassis.

@EthanMenace took the car to Engine Dynamics and said that after the first few runs it was reaching 200bhp. Andy suggested that the car had been mapped before but was running a bit lean.

IMG_4992.jpeg

After lots of revving and tinkering Andy managed to get the car to 207.6 bhp - so I will round that up and call it 208 bhp.

70429011508__6FCDBE08-9158-439C-AAAC-F80DF5923FCC.jpeg

The before and after statistics are not that different but there is an increase in torque across the board.

70429012264__52DD1D77-F237-4D8E-9F7C-17047023B328.jpeg

The car has a few modifications that might help it reach a slightly better power figure like a V6 airbox, ported and gas flowed inlet manifolds and the Akrapovic exhaust. It is pleasing to see that we are squeezing as much power out of the engine as we can without going down the route of cams, boost or supercharging (yet).

I had the day off today so decided to give the Clio some TLC. I had not given the newer shell a deep clean since we had bought it. From a distance it looked fine but if you got close you could see the grime.

IMG_4968.jpeg

IMG_4971.jpeg

IMG_4974.jpeg

IMG_4975.jpeg

After a few hours work the car was looking a lot better.

IMG_4970.jpeg

IMG_4972.jpeg

IMG_4976 (1).jpeg

I even hoovered the car.

IMG_4977 (1).jpeg

IMG_4978.jpeg

IMG_4979 (1).jpeg