Flashed doing 35 in a 40!?

As title states, on my way to work this morning the same old route I've driven twice a day for a year now. Road was empty, just my lonesome self in the fog and then I see the two bright flashes of a speed camera, car smack bang in the middle of the painted lines.

Now I know this camera was there so I look down to check my speed and it's 35mph ( and my speedo is 2mph fast at 30 ). The roads a dual carriageway with a 40 mph speed limit.

Should I expect to have to fight this or will they simply see the photo and bin it automatically? Why did I set it off in the first place?

Funny that, I got flashed in the van doing 25 in a 30?!

Take it all the way to court to embarrass them :wink:

wouldnt worry to much about it.

on the subject of speeding (sorry to hi-jack) my sister just got done at 99mph on the m/way. What kinda penalty can she expect?

on the subject of speeding (sorry to hi-jack) my sister just got done at 99mph on the m/way. What kinda penalty can she expect?

Probably around 6 points, the reason she is in court is because she was doing over 96mph anything under and you would get a fixed penalty 3 points.

Over the 100 mark and your looking at a statatory ban unless you can prove that you need a license for your job and a ban would cause "unnessessary hardship"

She could argue that the speed was a temporary oversight caused partly by the sun reflecting onto her speedo and obsuring her view of the speed. Lol

if I were both of you I wouldn't worry about it.

Ben: ask for the photo evidence.

Will I even get a letter through? Surely they'll check the speed and realise it says 35?

you would have thought so, as everything is done by computer these days asking for the picture introduces the human element so they should spot the error.

daughters lad just got done for the same £540+4 points funny that has he got 6 already

Not changed the speed limit on that road have that? as there sods for doing that round here without putting up signs to say so

If you do a search on Google loads of people have had the same happen, a few people think it might be a way they calibrate them self or when out of film, who knows, doubt anything will come of it so relax :thumbup:

When they send you a letter (not had one in a while), i'm sure it shows the photo of the car and it states the speed you were doing in what zone anyway?

I'm sure you'll be fine mate. I've driven through plenty of cameras, under the limit, and been flashed. Nothing ever came of it.

I wouldn't worry about it mate. I once got flashed by the same camera two days in a row whilst crawling through traffic into Sheffield, I must have been doing 5mph at the most in a 30 zone. Nothing ever came of it and rightly so.