Xenons, getting flashed loads...

Had this for a while now on my 197 with factory fitted xenons.

I watch them auto level when they come on, but I find that whenever I'm driving along at night, especially where there is no street lights, I get flashed by lots of cars...

Not sure if people are sensitive to xenons or whether they're not properly aligned and are actually blinding people.

Does anyone else running xenons get flashed often on dipped beam?
Is there a quick fire way for me to check/adjust alignment/autolevel?

Yeah I used to with the 182 and my other Clio which had xenons. I just used to put my front fogs and main beam on at them. Probably childish but they put main beam on at me for nothing and it made me feel better.

Yeah I used to with the 182 and my other Clio which had xenons. I just used to put my front fogs and main beam on at them. Probably childish but they put main beam on at me for nothing and it made me feel better.

I replaced my full beam bulb to something disgustingly bright for the same reason

You can get your beam pattern checked at an MOT centre mate to prove your legal and clear your conscience then but be warned its an MOT failure if they're out I think.

Had this for a while now on my 197 with factory fitted xenons.

I watch them auto level when they come on, but I find that whenever I'm driving along at night, especially where there is no street lights, I get flashed by lots of cars...

Not sure if people are sensitive to xenons or whether they're not properly aligned and are actually blinding people.

Does anyone else running xenons get flashed often on dipped beam?
Is there a quick fire way for me to check/adjust alignment/autolevel?

Not on the Clio but always when I had an E46 M3. To the point where drivers would sometimes take the law into their own hands such as straddling both lanes on a dual-carriageway to stop me overtaking, then telling me my lights were on full beam (w@nkers), then putting their full beam on when passing. I used to get so pissed off, I'd just stick my full beam on and sit behind them for a while. Made me feel better!

I'd say the suspension being relatively hard will make the situation worse even if they are auto-levelling. Worth getting them checked though to see if they need any adjustment.

I get it sometimes with mine. Get the alignment checked but I think you'll just find its people with a chip on their shoulder about how bright xenons are !

I'd just drive up to a flat wall, turn them on to see if the self-levelling system is doing its thing.

If they aren't obviously pointing high and both left and right are at the same height then I wouldn't worry about it.

Have the same with my 182! I find this funny that people do t u feet sam lights have changed since the 1980s normally always old people! I just like giving them the big flash back so they know they are wrong! :wink:

thanks for the replies guys.

As I said I watch them auto level when they come on for the first time...

Part of me think it's just people who have a chip on their shoulder, don't think i've ever been flashed by a car which is also running xenons, mostly seem's to be peugeot estate drivers....

I might get them checked out anyway to be sure, though it did pass an MOT not long ago

I don't think it's anything to do with people having chips on their shoulders...

It's probably just that 95% of the people on the roads wouldn't know what Xenon is/meant if their life depended on it. To the majority of people all they know is a car is coming towards them with very bright lights, which they probably think is the other person leaving their full-beam on instead of flicking it off... So they react to it by giving some full-beam back. The more common place Xenon unites become and the more flashers start to become the people getting flashed then the less this will happen. I'm out on the edge of the farms around here and there's no street-lighting beyond my road, it is bloody bright when somebody comes the other way with Xenons...

The bigger problem for me though is Q7, RRs, insert MummyWagon name here, because their headlights are at my head height!!! :smiley: