engine management light flashed Clio 197

Hi guys,
Was on my way home from work at about 4:30pm today and my engine management light flashed for around ten seconds after been stationery in traffic then went off when i pulled away?

Can anyone shed any light on this please ?

It is about 27 degrees outside

Thanks

Tomo

Mine came on for about a minute some time last year. Rolling down a hill at 30mph in 6th. Was about 18 deg then. Never done it since.

its to do with your emissions being too high. The book says reduce engine speed until it stops flashing.

My last car (1.4 Mk3 Clio) did it when i was idling. Doesn't normally stay on for long. Do't think its much to worry about as my last car was always fine.

Don't take my word as the gospel,im just speaking from experience.

okay thanks guys well i will see how it goes and i guess if it comes on and stays on then i worry right? ha fingers crossed it wont :smile:

i keep thinking its all sluggish but i think its just cos ive seen light flash on its me feeling like it is and really it isnt?

Ahhhh the joys of motoring ha.

Its just the hot weather, i think quite a few of us have had it. Nout to worry about.

Its just the hot weather, i think quite a few of us have had it. Nout to worry about.

Exactly this ^
its just fumes backing up and screwing with a sensor, causing high readings, once your on the move it clears and reading drops (as I was told so don't quote me on that)
had it twice last year but not had it this year.