Don't drag race a 200T unless you have FI...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I certainly didn’t buy my 200 cup for its ‘drag racing abilities’ or how comfy it was, I would of gone down the generic VAG route for that. The one thing that made the mk3 cup standout was that it was different to its competitors. As mentioned a 1 year old 265 or even a used GT86 would have ticked the box for the people who bought the mk3 for its handling/feel. That’s my two cents, that makes me feel a bit let down by Renault for making such a back catalogue of great drivers cars that were different.

I love some of the post in here. The 200 had a perfect launch and would have hit 60 in under the book figure of 6.9secs.

I like the point with the second hand 265 comments but just imagine one of the these with a remap up around 240bhp carrying 200kg less around with it. Thats 200bhp per ton which is the same as a 265 running 280bhp.]

Could get interesting, the old 200 never had a chance of getting any where near the 265 unless you spent big bucks.

It has been mentioned already but you can get a 1yr old 250/265 for new 200T money. It does everything the 200T does but better (other than 5 doors and the limp wristed gearbox) so if you are faced no choice but to have a Turbo RS i know which one gets my money.... :smiley:
Done just that. 8 month old 265, leather recaros, nav, metallic, 7.5k miles for less than a new 200t

Lets be honest the 200 isn't really a looker is it, having owned 2 i can honestly say i have never looked at it gone weak at the knees.

I love the look of my car, to be honest that's why I preferred the 200 in black. I always thought the black splitter and front end would become dated especially on the white models, was it the ibiza/leon that had the same look. I love stairing at my car. Mean as f***

Status
Not open for further replies.