Dale's Glacier White 200 cup

@Dystant

Dale - i was messing round with some carbon fibre today and made this. Wondered if you've got anywhere on your fine vehicle you could put it ?

***Even found-up a suitable little decal for you. In the post tomorrow buddy. Enjoy :smile:

IMG_6180_zpsv2m11a8a.jpg

IMG_6179_zpshtvsigan.jpg

@Dystant

Dale - i was messing round with some carbon fibre today and made this. Wondered if you've got anywhere on your fine vehicle you could put it ?

***Even found-up a suitable little decal for you. In the post tomorrow buddy. Enjoy :smile:

IMG_6180_zpsv2m11a8a.jpg

IMG_6179_zpshtvsigan.jpg

Looks amazing mate! Turned out really well :smiley:

Feels almost a shame to stick it away under the bonnet, half tempted to stick it to the dashboard :tearsofjoy:

Reactions: ///M
Top job shuv - you cut it out on a bandsaw?

Thankyou mate. Looks alright doesn't it ! (Who on Earth thought about doing this in Aluminium)

Cut the majority off with a slitting disc on a small grinder. Done the cut-out around the neck with a rotary round sanding end on a drill, got rid of any excess with a sanding flap-disc on a grinder, And hand finished the edges with gradually finer wet-n-dry.

30 mins for Dales and mine. Job done.

Reactions: ///M and Big Ben
Thankyou mate. Looks alright doesn't it ! (Who on Earth thought about doing this in Aluminium)

Cut the majority off with a slitting disc on a small grinder. Done the cut-out around the neck with a rotary round sanding end on a drill, got rid of any excess with a sanding flap-disc on a grinder, And hand finished the edges with gradually finer wet-n-dry.

30 mins for Dales and mine. Job done.

Ah cool, grinders are very versatile!

I was looking around in my bay for anything I could do like this but nothing really caught my eye...

Top effort again mate :smile:

Reactions: sevenfourate
I really like this, I was actually thinking of something along this line as an alternative to dad flaps to protect the rear arches??

Making something to tuck / stick / screw into the rear of the front wing to protect the rear arches from road-rash ?

Sounds like a plan......... :smile:

Keep finding myself looking at liquid yellow 200T's ... the only thing putting me off is the interior.

It's absolutely horrible, every interior has the red theme, it makes no sense for any car other than black or red, why Renault? WHY?! :excited:

Keep finding myself looking at liquid yellow 200T's ... the only thing putting me off is the interior.

It's absolutely horrible, every interior has the red theme, it makes no sense for any car other than black or red, why Renault? WHY?! :excited:
Do they not do a yellow pack like on the 200s? They look great!

Do they not do a yellow pack like on the 200s? They look great!

I've looked at about 7/8 liquid yellow 200Ts on Autotrader and every one has red interior.

There was one 220 Trophy with full leather interior that was lovely, but was about 20k :excited:

I LOVE the Red flashes and highlights on the interior of the 200T's. Like really love.....

My friend has one, and seeing his always makes me smile, feel better about the day; and want !

To be honest: [Dale - you know i love you brother.....So please take this in the humorous manner its meant] comments from anyone owning a MK3 RS; telling us how bad another cars interior is should be taken with a pinch of salt anyway.

Because the standard, drab, cheap, grey, dull, boring, uninspired, rattly, plastic, hashed-together MK3 has to be about the most dreary interior i've ever come across....

Its just as-well the rest of the car is so good. Well: apart from the manifolds. And the ball-joints, And the gearboxes, And the....

Well.You get my point.

Now.......where did i see my can of red paint ?

Think your in a minority there dale, most people like the interior - myself included, although you have a point of the colours, LY bits would make more sense.

It's a nice cockpit to be in for sure!