Craig's Black Clio 197 | More AD08's!!!! SAMCO hose kit fitted :)

I have yeah, did them together, big difference to FF.

The ride is firmer, it's not OTT though I don't think. Handling-wise, there's a lot less roll on intitial turn in now (not that there's a lot of roll to begin with) and there's a lot less pitch under hard braking. One thing I have noticed is that the rear feels a lot more planted, on the FF, it seemed to sometimes hop as if it was struggling to keep up with the front (didn't notice this much when on FF setup, just saw it as a characteristic of the car, but since changing I've noticed that it no longer does this) whereas now she feels even more planted.

Best setup I've had on a car, including Coilovers on previous cars. Springs and Dampers seem to be a very good match.

Ahh good stuff! The back does seem to do that alot on the cup suspension! May consider getting some springs in once Christmas has passed.

I'm planning on buying the Ultra Racing Rear Brace (one that goes in the boot) aswell in the new year!

:tongue_smilie:

I'm not convinced by these... The rear beam is quite a substantial chunk, I can't see there being much need to stiffen that area. But, I'm intrigued none the less. Same with the front braces, the strut tops are so close to the bulkhead that I can't see what advantage can be gained by adding one.

I'm not convinced by these... The rear beam is quite a substantial chunk, I can't see there being much need to stiffen that area. But, I'm intrigued none the less. Same with the front braces, the strut tops are so close to the bulkhead that I can't see what advantage can be gained by adding one.

only one way to find out isn't there!!

I paid £50 for fitting of Springs and Dampers. It's not a massive job, rears are a piece of piss but fronts require spring clamps and are a little more involved. You could do it yourself really but it's so much easier with a ramp instead of scrabbling about on the driveway.

New picture

SDC11374.jpg

Also bought a Cup Spoiler which is being posted tomorrow. Currently in white though, so will have to get it painted! was thinking about having the 'Renault Sport' which is on the underneath of the spoiler, kept in white, and the rest of the spoiler in black. What do people think of that? wouldn't be to tacky would it?

I like the plans for the spoiler, don't think I've seen one done like thay before. :smile:

Similar Thread Suggestions

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Red Baguette Clio 197 Area 3
197JST Clios For Sale 25
Christian J New Members 0
C Projects/Progress Threads 14
Craig_B Gallery 20