Craig's Black Clio 197 | More AD08's!!!! SAMCO hose kit fitted :)

Yeh I know what your saying it's difficult. And without doubt getting coilovers is a plunge financially that goes without saying.

Just got to weigh all the options up and decide what's best for you dude.

And seeing all the debate about just lowering on springs is making me think is it worth it. I'm 60/40 atm about lowering. 60 part being NOT lowering.

And seeing all the debate about just lowering on springs is making me think is it worth it. I'm 60/40 atm about lowering. 60 part being NOT lowering.

Again your right. Lowering on just springs is exactly that.....springs. I've been there and done it on previous cars. I've learnt that if you are 100% on lowering solely for looks then it's ok. The problem I think is that no one if they really admit it lowers 100% just for looks and therefore justifying spending less on going low.

Everyone who modifys cars to go lower has some enthusiastic driving embedded in them - that's a fact. This is why lowering on just springs will never really satisfy what the enthusiast really wants.

New Sidelights + Indicators

Fitted some LED sidelights the other day, and some silver look indicators to get rid of the orange glow in the headlights.

Waiting on some Phillips Diamond Vision 5000k to be deliverd

Here's the sidelights anyway

afb98b36.jpg

I'm after this mate, how much did they set you back?

The diamond vision's were £32.99 off eBay I belive. Sidelights were like a fiver, and silver indicators were like £3-4 quid for two.

Planning on doing a review thread on the Phillips bulbs tomoro with pictures!

H&R's

Bought some H&R springs on Tuesday, just waiting on them to be delivered! bought the 30/40mm one's.

Dought they will be fitted till January time though, as have my MOT booked on Tuesday the 13th Dec. She should be ok! :w00t:

Good lad, get Santa to bring you some Cup Dampers for Christmas to put on with them. :smiley:

Good lad, get Santa to bring you some Cup Dampers for Christmas to put on with them. :smiley:

Might be something for the future dude! When they are fitted I shall get my cousin who's got a fairly decentish camera to get some good pictures of it! Will let the springs settle a bit first though! KTEC exhaust next major thing will be then!

Must admit, mine was noticeably lower straight after fitting but ow we're a couple of months down the line she looks mean...

Really need to get some more pics myself, Deep Black looks great when it's clean and quite evil when it's covered in filth. Can't lose really. :smiley:

Must admit, mine was noticeably lower straight after fitting but ow we're a couple of months down the line she looks mean...

Really need to get some more pics myself, Deep Black looks great when it's clean and quite evil when it's covered in filth. Can't lose really. :smiley:

Deep black is the way to go!

How is the handling and ride with the springs? have you got cup dampers too?

I have yeah, did them together, big difference to FF.

The ride is firmer, it's not OTT though I don't think. Handling-wise, there's a lot less roll on intitial turn in now (not that there's a lot of roll to begin with) and there's a lot less pitch under hard braking. One thing I have noticed is that the rear feels a lot more planted, on the FF, it seemed to sometimes hop as if it was struggling to keep up with the front (didn't notice this much when on FF setup, just saw it as a characteristic of the car, but since changing I've noticed that it no longer does this) whereas now she feels even more planted.

Best setup I've had on a car, including Coilovers on previous cars. Springs and Dampers seem to be a very good match.

Similar Thread Suggestions

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Red Baguette Clio 197 Area 3
197JST Clios For Sale 25
Christian J New Members 0
C Projects/Progress Threads 14
Craig_B Gallery 20