Craig's Black Clio 197 | More AD08's!!!! SAMCO hose kit fitted :)

H guys, I've had this a month now, really enjoying it! Thought I would get a progress thread up and running for the little stuff i have done since I've had it!

The car is a 57 plate with 42k on it, and has got the Recaro's, I had to have them, only thing being a rip in the drivers one which i will be getting sorted. Also came with White Speedline's which I have been told where an optional extra from the factory??

Couple of pictures:

376537a4.jpg

88e35b7c.jpg

e3d40357.jpg

80a3b6c7.jpg

DSC00248.jpg

DSC00247.jpg

One of the Clio and of my old Saxo VTR
36be51fa.jpg

Few things I've done since I've had it, and they are some Pioneer speakers in the rear as there were no speakers in there :tongueout:inky: and had some mats delivered this morning. Got them second hand, but in great condition and for half the price!!! :thumbup: O yeah and some cheeky 197.net stickers that I stuck on during my lunchtime today (lunchime mods FTW)

b57be05a.jpg

d211dd30.jpg

Sorry for some good looking photos and some s**t. You can tell which ones are on a proper camera and which ones are on my iPhone

Other Plans:

ITG Panel Filter Done
KTR Pro Performance Cat Back Exhaust
Lowering Done
Spacers (in two minds weather to or not because of handling debate)
Keep it cleannnnnnnn!!
Other small/subtle things

Cheers guys!! hope you like!! Carn't wait to go up to TRAX with a few of you!

:bounce:

Last edited:
Looking good dude, I like the White speedlines on that. Think a wee ride height adjustment is needed do we not? :wink:

Looking good dude, I like the White speedlines on that. Think a wee ride height adjustment is needed do we not? :wink:

Yes just a bit of arch gap there. How much is a good compromise between looks and handling? and recommended springs etc.

any help?

Yes just a bit of arch gap there. How much is a good compromise between looks and handling? and recommended springs etc.

any help?

Good compromise I'd says is between 20-30mm. That's all the car needs tbh. Mine is on kw v1's and they offer a great setup for fast road without being harsh enough to break you.

The stance is what I love the most........seen below courtesy of Waitrose car park :wink:

d0b8dcf0.jpg

If your looking for springs only, eibach and h&r are the only ones to consider.

I'd reccomend the H&Rs to anyone, it's down to personal preference really but I prefer my current setup to standard.

Some people find them quite harsh, so see if there's anybody local to you with them fitted and go for a ride with them is what I'd say. :smile:

Some people find them quite harsh, so see if there's anybody local to you with them fitted and go for a ride with them is what I'd say. :smile:

Good idea, getting a drive with the setup on first is certainly well worth it if your not sure about what you want!

Good compromise I'd says is between 20-30mm. That's all the car needs tbh. Mine is on kw v1's and they offer a great setup for fast road without being harsh enough to break you.

The stance is what I love the most........seen below courtesy of Waitrose car park :wink:

If your looking for springs only, eibach and h&r are the only ones to consider.

Nice one man. I'm thinking Coil-overs be a bit pricey tbh. On my previous car (Saxo VTR) I uprated the springs and dampers with Apex ones, and that was a hard ride!! Upper and lower strut braces to, she handled a beast!!

I'd reccomend the H&Rs to anyone, it's down to personal preference really but I prefer my current setup to standard.

There ain't no-one around by me with one lol one lowered anyway lol Going up to TRAX so if somebody would be kind enough to take me for a spin to see how i feel about the springs that would be great!!!

Nice one man. I'm thinking Coil-overs be a bit pricey tbh. On my previous car (Saxo VTR) I uprated the springs and dampers with Apex ones, and that was a hard ride!! Upper and lower strut braces to, she handled a beast!!

I had the exact same setup but was using Bilstein suspension - brilliant ability.

Springs would have to be the choice. Coilies are a bit pricey! As long as the ride isnt altered to much I wouldnt mind!

Planning on buying an ITG panel filter this week sometime!

:bounce:

Similar Thread Suggestions

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Red Baguette Clio 197 Area 3
197JST Clios For Sale 25
Christian J New Members 0
C Projects/Progress Threads 14
Craig_B Gallery 20