Clio Meg RS320bhp conversion (update Meg Rad)

How you getting on with the gear shift mate?

Mine has really settled now and is actually really good (not 197/200 good, but way better than it was).

Getting used to it probx ly helps too.

No fitted it yet...need to sort out fueling.

i didnt mean the short shift, i meant the standard item.

i know you reported it wasnt great when first fitted. Just like mine. But mine was a new unit, and i think the cables have no stretched and its pretty decent.

will be interesting to see what different the short shift linkage makes.

As for fueling, cant you fit a Bosch 044 pump in the tank?

Soz mate, I think it's more to do with being use to the Clio but I'm going to fit short shift mod. Yep, that's the plan to update the pump. Bosch a good option?

Soz mate, I think it's more to do with being use to the Clio but I'm going to fit short shift mod. Yep, that's the plan to update the pump. Bosch a good option?

Cool cool.

As for the Bosch 044, it's a meaty bit of kit that will do the job. Or a walbro 255 (I think). Both were and probably still are widely used on evo's and imprezas. I ran both and they were more than up to flowing enough fuel for 350bhp in those engines.

Only question is is if it's a direct replacement or not?!?

Last edited:
Cool cool.

As for the Bosch 044, it's a meaty bit of kit that will do the job. Or a walbro 225 (I think). Both were and probably still are widely used on evo's and imprezas. I ran both and they were more than up to flowing enough fuel for 350bhp in those engines.

Only question is is if it's a direct replacement or not?!?

I know RST use the Walbro 255 in tank as a direct replacement for Renault one. The only thing I read was it seems a bit of a tight squeeze......???

You'll be fine on a modded stock pump housing. The only issue is that the pressure is static in the tank so having the regulator on the rail is actually doing nothing. The 250 has a 5 bar static pressure which is obviously enough for 1.5 bar boost assuming you use a 3.5 bar reg.

I would need to see your housing to see what's possible though.

Waldro 255 is a intank replacement. What I don't quite understand is how it's regulated. I know there's a regulator on the fuel rail of the 250 but from what Paul's saying is i have a intank regulator on the clio too. I'm guessing its more about maybe looking at by-passing this regulator, but tbh I'm quite lost to a lot of this stuff!!

Last edited:
i was always under the impression that the pump literally pumped as much as possible to the fuel rail, then the injectors just took what they needed, and the rest was returned to the tank. Although I could massively be off the mark, as I dont have much knowledge in fuel systems either!

Does the f4rt have a fuel return setup?

i was always under the impression that the pump literally pumped as much as possible to the fuel rail, then the injectors just took what they needed, and the rest was returned to the tank. Although I could massively be off the mark, as I dont have much knowledge in fuel systems either!

No fuel return on the F4RT. In the Clio, the fuel pressure regulator attached to your pump sender unit, all it does is bleed excess pressure off straight back into the tank rather than pumping it all the way to the fuel rail, then all the way back to the tank.

Ideally would be great if I could just fit the Megane 250 fuel pump.....need some pics to compare to clios....

Last edited:

I can't say for sure what the clio/megane setup does but certainly on new cars the in tank pump only supplies what's needed. If you constantly pump unwanted fuel to the rail you're wasting energy. OEMs want to reduce this to reduce CO2 emissions

No fuel return on the F4RT. In the Clio, the fuel pressure regulator attached to your pump sender unit, all it does is bleed excess pressure off straight back into the tank rather than pumping it all the way to the fuel rail, then all the way back to the tank.

Ideally would be great if I could just fit the Megane 250 fuel pump.....need some pics to compare to clios....

If I knew where to photo I may be able to help but I don't even know what one looks like!

The 250 runs a 5 bar in tank reg and a 3 bar on the rail with vac/boost to decrease/increase pressure. The clio is a 3.5 in tank IIRC so the required 4.5 bar is not available.