Clio Meg RS320bhp conversion (update Meg Rad)

Even though the Battery is in the boot, the Battery tray is still in place, so removing, fitting short shift, removing the plastic insert, and drilling to 10.1mm, making bracket for Battery cut off, and the fuse box.All these nothing jobs seem never ending, but as we all say in unison.........ITS A RENAULT!!.

Reactions: Sean197
Even though the Battery is in the boot, the Battery tray is still in place, so removing, fitting short shift, removing the plastic insert, and drilling to 10.1mm, making bracket for Battery cut off, and the fuse box.All these nothing jobs seem never ending, but as we all say in unison.........ITS A RENAULT!!.
Grab a pic when done if you can pls, this is exactly what I'm gonna do over the winter. Did you go for an off the shelf short shifter or DIY job?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Off the shelf job, I will upload some pictures by the weekend.
Not easy to see in this picture, its buried under pipes and cables. Gear change is 200% better,, feels like a knife through liquid butter, so smooth. The main problem before, was the change from 4th to 5th, but its now transformed. Very please with the result.If you do this, make sure you drill out the plastic insert as well. I drilled it to 10.1mm

Attachments

• DS+v3XOYR26rraMtd0Hesg.jpg
    DS+v3XOYR26rraMtd0Hesg.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 61
  • RU16Nzn3QO+dVw+8PnZ9iQ.jpg
    RU16Nzn3QO+dVw+8PnZ9iQ.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 57
Reactions: GazMav