Clio Meg RS320bhp conversion (update Meg Rad)

It looks such a good factory finish! Bet that car really shifts, what's the difference between 250 and 230 engines?

On the face of it that would be 30bhp luke. I think its an entirely different block and head

It's basically a 225 bottom end with a 200 head. The 225 engine doesn't have VVT but the 250 does, makes a big difference on turbo cars from my experiences with the old and new Impreza.

Would someone like to do their maths again angel :wink: haha

Yep, VVT, strengthen engine generally also different inlets, head and bigger turbo. 230 limits are around 270 standard internals, 250 are about 320bhp but bigger turbo and fuelling can see 360bhp and 500nm on standard internals....

I was at rockingham yesterday and outside one of the clio cup teams was a nice 225 with a bit of a conversion, had the pipe from the wastegate coming straight through the bonnet.

It was cook sports car with just under 700bhp. turn it down to around 400 for the road apparantly :blink:

Interestingly I have been communicating with Jorge @ BC-Autotech www.bc-autotech.com today. They are a Spanish tuning company and the first to successfully manage the mapping of the Megane 250 engine fitted into a Megane R26. Given they are only 2 cars with this transplant (that we know of), its been really interesting talking to them about their own experiences and knowledge. Myself and Steve are also talking to them on how they can potentially develop a map so that we can maximise the 250 engine to its full potential.

Last edited:
Next plan...I need to uprate the fuel pump. Need it to be at least 5 bar....but things are developing nicely!!!!! Hopefully final torque figure will be around 360lbft.....

Last edited:
I have a pair of 044 pumps and a nice bracket set up i bought a few years ago and never used.

Simular set up to this but, IIRC it's blue and was made by think automotive.

Bit overkill but looks nice in the boot of a cosworth or simular.

$(KGrHqQOKpkE4nKyMig!BOMDQ8lHqg~~1_12.jpg