Clio Meg RS320bhp conversion (update Meg Rad)

It's very different to 225. Steves been a genius in how he's worked things through. This is not a DIY conversion. I'm using it daily and it's funny how effortless this thing is. Given this is the basic setup, I'm really impressed.

It's very different to 225. Steves been a genius in how he's worked things through. This is not a DIY conversion. I'm using it daily and it's funny how effortless this thing is. Given this is the basic setup, I'm really impressed.

different in what way? I take it Steve got all the VVT working etc?

excellent that!

you dont want something thats just thrown together and then needs to go back every other week for tweeks :thumbup1:

Pretty impressive is this . Cant wait to see who is the first to add hybrid and stage 3+ hybrid a 250 :smile:

Its not complete but mechanically it's 95% complete. Just waiting on a couple of parts on back order from the stealers....still work to do on the mapping side.

A few more days driving it, it's so different. Def easier daily driver and the extra torque makes it different again. Could Get use to this. Interesting cause there's the potential for another 80 bhp which with the increase of torque is crazy. Big problem will be getting the power down but a nice problem none the less.....

Last edited:
What's the sound like now? Do you miss the lumpy idle sound?

P.s. It's a relief to see threads like this after threads like 'Glittery wheels' (no offence to anyone :innocent:)

I notice you sold your battery, is there room in the bay for the full sized one then?

What's the sound like now? Do you miss the lumpy idle sound?
I do, Its now soo quiet on idle....

P.s. It's a relief to see threads like this after threads like 'Glittery wheels' (no offence to anyone :innocent:)

When will it be finished and write up done?

We are hoping its finished for NW meet on the 20th Sept. TBH, the main work now is the mapping, although it could be driven as it is with no issues....

I notice you sold your battery, is there room in the bay for the full sized one then?

Yep, we took the decision to make the engine bay look standard. The problem was without the large v6 airbox from the 197, the space in the engine bay made it look like something was missing????

Couple of weeks of driving it, then back to Steves to fit the parts on back order from Steallers. Finally pretty much mechanically finished. Want an engine cover to keep it looking OEM under the bonnet (but Steallers want £200+vat for a bit of plastic) so that will have to wait.

Now the mapping cause cars only running at about 240 bhp so still hopefully another 80 bhp to be found.

(Like receiving an Oscar) Just like to thank Steve and at times others like Phil, who have been superb in their commitment to this project. I couldn't afford to pay Steve for the actual time he's spent getting this right. A proper friend and couldn't recommend him highly enough. Both me and Steve are coming to the NW meet on Thurs if you want a closer look.

I wonder if now I can leave this bloody car alone now....hmmm hybrid turbo....Big Brake Kit, launch control, water injection??? lol

IMG_0584.jpg

Last edited:
Looks good under there, :thumbup: not out of place, it'll look allmost factory with a cover on it.

Couple of weeks of driving it, then back to Steves to fit the parts on back order from Steallers. Finally pretty much mechanically finished. Want an engine cover to keep it looking OEM under the bonnet (but Steallers want £200+vat for a bit of plastic) so that will have to wait.

Now the mapping cause cars only running at about 240 bhp so still hopefully another 80 bhp to be found.

(Like receiving an Oscar) Just like to thank Steve and at times others like Phil, who have been superb in their commitment to this project. I couldn't afford to pay Steve for the actual time he's spent getting this right. A proper friend and couldn't recommend him highly enough. Both me and Steve are coming to the NW meet on Thurs if you want a closer look.

I wonder if now I can leave this bloody car alone now....hmmm hybrid turbo....Big Brake Kit, launch control, water injection??? lol

IMG_0584.jpg

It's been emotional lol

Looks very impressive Litchy, well done for pushing the envelope and can't wait to see it..

Sorry to hijack the thread but Ste, I could do with booking in with you to get my battery moved so I can fit my V6 airbox in. Just bought Litchys battery :smile: Not sure where I want the battery, just fitted Nitrous so there is a massive bottle in the boot.

Looks very impressive Litchy, well done for pushing the envelope and can't wait to see it..

Sorry to hijack the thread but Ste, I could do with booking in with you to get my battery moved so I can fit my V6 airbox in. Just bought Litchys battery :smile: Not sure where I want the battery, just fitted Nitrous so there is a massive bottle in the boot.

Not a problem at all just let me know when's best for you and I'll see if I'm available