Clio camms update

Made 219 bhp and 186fbt after camms and an induction kit that ktr have made,

Car feels a lot more responsive after camms and screams after 5k !

I raced an astra vxr today which was standars with a remus exaust and was very close race ! Before camms he used to pull away in every gear, now im all over him haha love them and would deffo reconmend !

Very nice :smile:

Sorry to go over old ground but what did it make before all the work on their rollers?

Made 219 bhp and 186fbt after camms and an induction kit that ktr have made,

Car feels a lot more responsive after camms and screams after 5k !

Its a prototype, wont be on sale for 8 weeks, with out it my car was making 210bhp

Any dyno sheets?

So you gained ~10bhp with the cams & a remap? And 9bhp more with their induction kit?

Those are great results, especially if the car is significantly faster on the road than it was before. :thumbup:

Last edited:
Sounds awesome man. Makes me feel a little more inclined to give Ktec £1300 of my hard-earned cash. Thanks for keeping us posted.

That could be the standard airbox restricting it a little too could'nt it?

That's for sure. My car transformed when I installed Clio V6 airbox, and did almost the same when I had my inlets matched/ported.

Everything you do on a Clio concerning the air intake, if done properly, is a WIN situation. :thumbup:

Max, glad to hear you are pleased with the car.

The air filter we tried is a simple foam induction kit but we have been experimenting with inlet lengths and this is where some good cans can be had.

We hope to have a kit available sometime in March.

David.

Ill post dyno's on here later today, it was 201bhp before camms, it made 10 bhp with camms and there re map but gave my 10fbt to.

Mods to achive this,

- full stainless miltek exauast
- miltek de cat
- ITG pannel filter
- k teck re map
- cat camms

Like i said with k teck's prototype induction kit it made 219 bhp with 186 fbt, i couldnt buy one though as myn was the first they tested it on, it should be available in 8 weeks.

Still 209bhp is good, but its not just about the added bhp its what the camms have done, the car is much faster after 5 k and it screams at you in the last 0.5 k of the gear taking you into 8k.

Again like i said before my friends astra vxr used to pull from me, now depending on the start i get i can pull from it up to 130mph

Some good feedback for K-Tec there, glad you're happy Max. What spec' are the Cams, 402?

Nicole is due her Cambelt in May, it'd be rude not to do this really...

Glad to hear this Max! Makes me more confiedent about getting the cams kit frem k-tec. your list of mods is just step on from mine and is exactly the next step i was going to take, by removing the cat and getting cams. The main thing is how it feels, sometimes i think it would be better if they didnt tell you the figures cos the feeling and sound of it must be worth it on its own!

Keep us posted Max on any other developments. And this new induction kit sounds interesting as well :smile:

Excellent results Max. So do you still have the prototype induction kit on or was it taken off again?

Excellent results Max. So do you still have the prototype induction kit on or was it taken off again?

Sady it has been removed but ill buy it as soon as its for sale,

Now have a cup spoiler !! Looks amazing, lowered 35mm to ! I think im love with my car again, feels like a new car!

Great to hear that!

I envy you all when I read about your gains with the same cams that I had and with less mods. :wink:

Waiting to see the pics of the induction kit when fitted.

Eagerly awaiting to see the dyno charts, as this looks like a tidy performance mod. for when you get tired of stock performance and want something to liven things up without going forced induction/engine swap

Yeah, any chance of the graphs? Not really after the peak gains, more interested to see what gains you made in the mid range?

Also, stick some pics of the beast up eh lol.

Max, glad to hear you are pleased with the car.

The air filter we tried is a simple foam induction kit but we have been experimenting with inlet lengths and this is where some good cans can be had.

We hope to have a kit available sometime in March.

David.

great work,i've asked the question before about intake length but no one could really clear it up so,david or max- what is the general rule for intake lengths,if i shorten it where will i gain and loose out and the same if i lengthen it? cheers