Clio camms update

There all made at the same place, Schrick are the wilder cam basically, so whether it's better all depends on what you want from the car. Mine felt cracking. Reliability wise they will be fine! :smile:

A set of cams won't wear out, so they should be good for the life of the engine.

Idle, low rpm driving etc will all depend on how aggressive the cam profile is.

Ranging from a standard idle to lumpy as hell. But the more aggressive you go generally gets bigger results. But you will sacrifice things like steady idle etc.

Some really aggressive profiles require different pistons due to the amount of valve lift and duration produced. But then we are talking full on race spec.

So, basically, if a dyno' read 100WHP and thinks there is a 20% loss through the transmission, it will give a figure of 120BHP @ Flywheel.

Math correction
100BHP @ wheel with the transmission absorbing 20% of engine power would be a 25bhp loss through the transmission, so power at fly would be 125bhp :wink:

A set of cams won't wear out, so they should be good for the life of the engine.

Idle, low rpm driving etc will all depend on how aggressive the cam profile is.

Ranging from a standard idle to lumpy as hell. But the more aggressive you go generally gets bigger results. But you will sacrifice things like steady idle etc.

Some really aggressive profiles require different pistons due to the amount of valve lift and duration produced. But then we are talking full on race spec.

I heard from a friend of a friend of an uncle that if you remove the cams completely, drill a 24.6mm diameter hole in the airbox, and run a 0-30W oil then you'll see a gain of around 55bhp with a nice and smooth tick over, worth exploring??

Math correction
100BHP @ wheel with the transmission absorbing 20% of engine power would be a 25bhp loss through the transmission, so power at fly would be 125bhp :wink:

General rule is 15% for front wheel drive and 20% only for rear wheel drive.

Aren't we all just eggheads? :tongueout:

General rule is 15% for front wheel drive and 20% only for rear wheel drive.

Aren't we all just eggheads? :tongueout:

I wasnt questioning the percentage used for power loss, just the maths lol

I remember seeing a rr result on a 197 once that gave a 205bhp@ fly result but a 145ish bhp@ wheel, 30% loss thru the transmission, that made me laugh

Last edited:
I heard from a friend of a friend of an uncle that if you remove the cams completely, drill a 24.6mm diameter hole in the airbox, and run a 0-30W oil then you'll see a gain of around 55bhp with a nice and smooth tick over, worth exploring??

yeah, that too, assuming that your reverse multiplyer of the con rod bore is in line with the exit cyclone of the aircon unit.

Lol, worth pointing out tho that you can actually get a vvt delete kit for the f4r, whats everyones opinion on one of those?

Made 219 bhp and 186fbt after camms and an induction kit that ktr have made,

Car feels a lot more responsive after camms and screams after 5k !

I raced an astra vxr today which was standars with a remus exaust and was very close race ! Before camms he used to pull away in every gear, now im all over him haha love them and would deffo reconmend !

what induction kit is that?

Very impressive figures!! very very jealous as my car is 15bhp less!!!! :worried: and i have matched inlets too.

glad you like it :smile:

I remember them saying they were working on something like that. 9bhp from it? very impressive. assume you can't post pictures.

Lol, worth pointing out tho that you can actually get a vvt delete kit for the f4r, whats everyones opinion on one of those?

Only necessary for race cam profiles as the high lift wears the dephaser pulley out too quickly, also requires use of stiffer valve springs.

There's no advantage to removing the vvt, it'll destroy your powerband lower down.