Clio camms update

Will be watching this with great interest as would like to get cams but am just concerned about reliability and consistency of results.

Very good dyno figure! I was running miltek system with standard cat, itg filter and remap and hit 205. you may find that if you put the cat back in or put a sports cat in you could get even more!

where was that figure?

as AMD gave me 201bhp with miltek, standard cat and itg in Feb and only 6,000miles on the car and went back and the decat got me 202bhp didn't map to suit and that was August. K-tec then got around 187bhp out the same car with same mods and then 195 with cams and matched inlet.

so that's a big difference between a set of rollers interested to see what they say tomorrow at atspeeds rollers... :smile:

Will be watching this with great interest as would like to get cams but am just concerned about reliability and consistency of results.

Very good dyno figure! I was running miltek system with standard cat, itg filter and remap and hit 205. you may find that if you put the cat back in or put a sports cat in you could get even more!

I was looking for ages for results Of camms ! But the cambelt is due this year, and fancied a custom map on my car so i thought i may aswell get it done as thats part of k tek's camms package ! Some say it made there car lots better and improved the response! Ill let you know thursday ! But for £1,366 there better be a difference !

At the risk of sounding like a simpleton, what difference does it make/matter what gear it's in?

4th or 5th, surely the engine makes the same power whatever the gear. ;/

At the risk of sounding like a simpleton, what difference does it make/matter what gear it's in?

4th or 5th, surely the engine makes the same power whatever the gear. ;/

I didnt want to appear "stupid" so glad you asked this now :rofl:

Rolling Roads calculate power at the Flywheel by taking the Wheel HP figure, doing some magic and ''guessing'' for want of a better word how much HP has been ''lost'' or absorbed by the transmission and then adding that to the Wheel HP figure to give an educated guess at the Flywheel HP... This is the higher of the two figures when you get a print out.

So, basically, if a dyno' read 100WHP and thinks there is a 20% loss through the transmission, it will give a figure of 120BHP @ Flywheel.

That's the best I can explain it. :smiley:

The only true way of measuring an engines output is on an Engine Dyno' rather than a Rolling Road, but obviously that's an engine-out job and so much more involved and intrusive... It'd make RR Days very laborious!!! There's also something called a Hub Dyno' which attaches to the hub as you'd imagine, so requires removal of the driven wheels. These are said to be more accurate than Rolling Roads, but they still run a calculation to ''guess'' transmission losses.

Last edited:
AH-ORIGINAL.jpg

Hahaha, cheers!!! It made more sense in my head then it did on the screen!!! :smiley:

Rolling Roads are very good for before/after measurements. So although there will ALWAYS be nay-sayers when you say you've had X-BHP increase after doing something, as long as you use the same Rollers then even if the ''peak'' figure is debatable, the increase in BHP isn't. If a set says you have 200BHP and then after some Cams the same set says you have 220BHP for example, then it's safe to say you've gained 20BHP wether the peak figure seems optimisitic or not.

Looking forward to seeing your feedback on the Cams package Max, it's something I'm currently considering.

Well as soon as i know ill post it ! Hope people belive me ! I posted that i got 201bhp and 166fbt ! And some people didnt belive it, but ill also post both dyno graphs on here 2 when i get them both. Before and after the camms on the same dyno :wink:

I wouldn't worry about pepole believing you mate, if there's an increase on the same rollers and she feels stronger on the old bum-dyno then that's all the proof you need. As long as you're happy yourself at the end of it then that's the main thing. Mine made 193.5BHP & 153.8Ft/lb with just an ITG Panel (197 on ~33,000M at the time), ''book'' figure is 194BHP and she feels strong so that's all the proof I needed.

There's so many variables when it comes to RR figures; fuel, mileage, temperature, dyno make/model, engine/servicing history that when you say you've got X-BHP, you'll always get somebody debating it. A lot of people get caught up with chasing peak figures, there's much more to it then that really. You might only see 10BHP peak but if you've gained 20BHP & 20Ft/lb at 5,500RPM for example then that's one hell of an increase.

Yer well myn has done 43 k ! But gas been serviced every year weather millage said it needed or not, always warmed up and well maintained, myn has a full miltek exhaust and de cat, and a map. Obvousily after it will have camms and itg pannel filter with the other mods

Moving away from the "POWAH!" side of the discussion now, what are cams like on a reliability side of things? Will they last for as long as the engine does, or does the performance start to deteriorate after a certain amount of miles, 30k etc?

Also the idle issue; are catcams better than Schrick for example?

Last edited: