Clio 200 deal advice please

After test driving a 197 and a 200, I've decided I'm going for the 200.

FF, GW, Speedlines and Recaros.

Is this a good deal?

1k down
£270 a month
GFV - £9350

Anything to look out for? I've never bought a new car before so not really sure what I should be looking out for here so any help/advice appreciated.

8)
Any advice would be ace.

Just be careful that the car won't be worth £9k in 3 years time. As long as your happy to 'rent' a car for £270 a month then it sounds like a cracking deal.

We just bought our R27 from a guy that had done a similar thing, he owed £7700 (car is just coming up to 3 years old), hed paid a deposit plus his old car, and £290 a month for 3 years (plus servicing) and sold the car to us and walked away with about £400 in his hand.

He seemed fine with it, but not sure I wouldve coped so well in the same situation.

But all cars devalue, you just have to swallow. Just on a new car its that much harder on the pocket!

Agree with above.

What price has the dealer quoted you on for above deal?
Is it through a Renault Retail Group dealership?
What % APR?
Why a 2 year deal, and not a 3?

Go to broadspeed.com, spec your car, and take the printed spec to your dealer to see whether they will price match it. I saved over £2000 off the list by simply printing a webpage. (FF 200 in RB, with Monitor Pack and Cup Chassis - supposed to be £18500, paid £16300.)

Need more details to decide whether its a good deal or not.

I went through Renault Leicester, which is Renault Retail Group (essentially RUK), and they've been very helpful throughout.

Considering i got a trade in quote the other day for my 09 clio 200 for £9350
That was in show room condition aswell which it is.
I dont think itll be worth 9k in 3 years mate.

Is this the first quote you have got?

No, I've had a few this being one of the best. Highest I was quoted was £360 :bounce:

Just be careful that the car won't be worth £9k in 3 years time. As long as your happy to 'rent' a car for £270 a month then it sounds like a cracking deal.

Car will be getting handed back at the end of the period - I'm guessing this means the GFV doesn't really matter?

What price has the dealer quoted you on for above deal? £16235 (17107 @ broadspeed)
Is it through a Renault Retail Group dealership? No, just a franchised dealer.
What % APR? either 4.4 or 4.9, pretty sure its 4.9 though.
Why a 2 year deal, and not a 3? 2 year is cheaper + I dont intend on keeping the car.

Need more details to decide whether its a good deal or not.

Considering i got a trade in quote the other day for my 09 clio 200 for £9350
That was in show room condition aswell which it is.
I dont think itll be worth 9k in 3 years mate.

Car will be getting handed back as above. Again..does this make the GFV irrelevant?

No, way too much Renault are doing pcp/selections deals for £999 deposit £199 a month on a 200 cup.
massive thread on this
http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?513253-New-Car-(200-deals)

I've had a look on that cheers.

I don't want a cup. Also a cup specc'd the same with aircon added = £275 a month with 1k deposit so it seems stupid to go for a cup.

Hi, I have been looking into this also.

I notice Andes figures have been thrown about for monthly payments, over how long are the payments?

Also, what is the GFV?

Thanks

So GFV is the settlement figure?

I take it you can carry on paying £199 a month until the settlement figure has been paid off?

Personally, if I was spending £250+ per month renting a car, I'd rather buy it.

Have you spoken to anyone at Lookers ?

Yup, so far lookers came back with the highest price out of about 5 garages :tongueout:inky:

Personally, if I was spending £250+ per month renting a car, I'd rather buy it.

I can't be bothered with the hassle of selling etc to be honnest. I like the fact I can hand it back no fuss at the end of 2 years.

Thats interesting to know about Lookers, they have a very good rep on RS, everyone seems to be praising them.

They were the first place I phoned and came back with £343 a month with a 2k deposit!!!!!!

I've read quite a few guys getting good deals from them but I was shocked at that price!.

och!!! 9350 as a balloon payment robbing gits thats 2/3 the value of the car.

270 x 24 = 6480

1000 deposit.

whats the list price of the car?