Chris's LY 200t.

haha..i use photobucket..nice big pictures and easy to use...although im reaching my upload limit..

Ok so spent quite a lot of time on the car today, despite it being a bit colder and chance of rain I persisted through and managed to get the car done (or nearly still need to do interior)

First off was to clay the car, I bought a clay mitt to try even though I have a brand new clay bar to use.. First impressions of the mitt, well mixed really, it's good, for a lightly contaminated car, mine however still had quite a bit of tar left on it (even though i used what felt like an entire barrel of outsmart tardis yesterday) just small bits that had been missed, they had to be gone over quite a few times with the mitt, moreso than you'd have to do by a clay bar, the trouble with this is that it soon gets dry, then the clay material from the mitt transfers onto the paint, which is a sod to get off... Overall it was ok, but its no replacement for a proper clay bar in my opinion (it is far easier to use having said this, and far less risk of dropping it) In reality more regular use of a clay mitt would be easier to do than less regularly clay barring! Ill still be using it I think, just more often.

After the car was fully decontaminated I polished the car by DA - I used green hex pads which are light cut pad and meguiars #83 which is a cleansing polish. Very impressive results to say the least, Was very happy how it came out. I was going to apply chemical guys wet mirror finish after this by hand, which is a glaze of sorts, but couldn't be bothered in the end and just opted to apply LSP, collinite 476s.

Im not overly pleased with the pictures, I use a proper camera rather than phone but still hasn't captured how mirrored the car is. Probably due to the crap lighting!

Anyway, heres a few:

P1010824_zpsmaylwheo.jpg

P1010827_zpsqxhoxju9.jpg

P1010829_zps0z1slxq4.jpg

Reactions: RossWoods93
bloody hell..these are fantastic pictures..you obviously put a lot of effort into this..just makes me wanna kiss the car :001_wub:
well done you..im with you on the clay mitt..use it more often to avoid using a clay bar..plus its much easier to use..
great example mate :thumbsup:
and the pictures are bigger too..makes it much better to see :biggrin:

Last edited:
You might not be 110% happy with the pics.....but even though it's dull outside the quality of the finish shines through. Literally.

You need to give credit to your detailing skill-set. And photography !!

Blimey quite the bump!!

Just got round to giving the car a decent clean this morning. And finally got round to doing the interior also, not done it in ages and it was bloody disgusting!! Thanks to mr dyson who cleaned the mats and floor very well also :smiley:

Also finally got round to trying out sonax quick detailer on recommendation of @sevenfourate - Did all the interior and shuts etc with it, very decent stuff thanks for introducing me to that product!!! Would recommend!

29716655531_bfa2197cd5_k.jpgIMG_2895 by Chris Morley, on Flickr

29716505251_5324682a0b_z.jpgIMG_2901 by Chris Morley, on Flickr

Looking great buddy. Cleeeean is the only way a LY should be.......... :smile:

My only advice on using the Sonax BSD is 'Less is more'. A wipe over with a clean microfibre afterwards helps get rid of any odd smudges and leaves a perfect finish.

You just need a little rain now to appreciate the beading.......

Last edited:
Car looks great mate, top job! Liquid yellow has got to be the best colour by far.
Might have to get a test drive in one of these soon, they've really grown on me!

Cheers boys :smile:

Did a few minor enhances on the first pic, was quite a dull day and really didn't bring out the colour very well!

Perhaps would have taken a better picture on the iPhone 7 lol!!

Reactions: matt9566

Similar Thread Suggestions