Chris's LY 200t.

attachment.php

Going on Friday also with new fluid so let's see what they are like..

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 147
Ooh nice, I like the look of those :wink:

Ps, [MENTION=29138]Chris91[/MENTION] and [MENTION=41063]Pav[/MENTION] , GC updated :smile:

yeah stupid me..should have seen it..was in the car to Blackpool with 4 women in the car..couldnt focus..too much talking :tongueout:anic:
report back..im still considering whether to put my DS2500's on or just stick with the mintex 1144's pads for the trip..

They do look nice.......

What we really need is anti-rust discs though. Hate the look and mess the surface rust / rust coming off after a wash etc causes sometimes.

I've had a few motorbikes over the years ive fitted stainless discs to. Wonder if / why it hasn't been used on cars ???

First impressions seem good. Bed the pads in a quiet bit of road and they seem to be decent so far, albeit only done about 15 miles since... Hoping to wash clay, polish and wax the car this weekend if the weather is good. Also have the wheels off, clean the calipers and arches and get it all pristine again, is a bit of a disgrace atm!!

Pics with new brakes / clean calipers, mirror finish paintwork and arches you could eat your dinner from needed.

No pressure :lol:

Ok so first day on the car...

Managed to get the bodywork cleaned... Snow foamed then washed with 2BM, dried then detarred with autosmart tardis (tip if you like cleaning tar off your car, buy a car in LY)

attachment.php

attachment.php

Then moved onto the next step in which I took each wheel off individually, cleaned with bilberry and sealed with chemical guys wheel sealant (also decontaminated with tardis and iron X). Then cleaned brakes, arch liners, suspension components etc, I used autoglym wheel cleaner as a pre soak for the calipers and arch liners then had a bucket of car shampoo with quite a heavy concentrate and a few selections of brushes to scrub at the rest, see pictures below of before shots and you can see how filthy they were (I've neglected this job!)

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 125
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 125
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    16 KB · Views: 127
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 125
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 29
Now some after shots. I finished them off with chemical guys barebones, which I find really nice stuff to use and it gives decent results...

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Overall productive day, tomorrow I intend to clay, polish with DA (mild correction) and wax, also might tackle the interior if I can cba, got a new leather cleaner to try out.

updates tomorrow :smile:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    17.4 KB · Views: 122
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    17.9 KB · Views: 122
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 121
bloody hell you did a proper job..nice result..curious how long the arches will stay clean..
also the pictures are quite small..which site are you using to upload them??

Similar Thread Suggestions