Apple iPhone 4S Discussion

Anyone else struggle to get their iPhones or iPads updated? I downloaded the software for both but gave up after the 5th attempt at updating the iPad.

Will try later on when its a bit quieter.

Mine took 2 hours to update last night about 10 minutes after realease so not
To bad!
Btw I didn't mean anything by the image it was sent through to me and seeing as this is the apple thread I thought I'd share

Oh and we've just got our 4s in at work today currently playing on Siri on the demo phone it works absolute bang on :wink:

Mine took 2 hours to update last night about 10 minutes after realease so not
To bad!
Btw I didn't mean anything by the image it was sent through to me and seeing as this is the apple thread I thought I'd share

Oh and we've just got our 4s in at work today currently playing on Siri on the demo phone it works absolute bang on :wink:

Can you confirm something for me please? Will Siri understand our English, for example, 'exclamation mark' instead of the American 'exclamation' point' when asking it to write a text?

Managed to download the update in 10 mins this morning, it was telling me 20 hours when I tried last night! Doesn't really seem to be much difference on the new iOS but maybe just needs a bit of exploring

Just installing it on to iphone4 now, some nice little touches from what i seen off my friends today, such as notifications, and camera on lock screen etc.

have to redeem all purchases off itunes, re-download them to itunes, then send them to iphone, not too bad, just doing it now on mine.

Finally managed to update both iPhone 4s. No problems with ours just took fudging ages lol.

Just thought I would post up my thought on the new iPhone4S. Got mine yesterday after upgrading from my iPhone4, I had been watching video of Siri online and thought iv just got to have it so went out on my dinner break yesterday and picked one up.

Had it for approx 24hrs now so still time to change my mind but I don't think the money iv paid is going to be money that well spent as there wasnt anything wrong with my 4. I love apple products (brand loyalty etc), I know its a faster processor and all that but onestly do we really notice if our apps load up in 0.1 seconds quicker than iPhone4 ????

Basically what I'm saying is I'm finding it hard to justify the upgrade from 4 to 4S.

Any1 else thinking the same or can you help me see the benefits ??

I would agree with you. I was due an upgrade plus my 4 was dropping signal so thought a new phone would be nice. I also got £270 for the 4 so wasn't too bad.

The only big benefit is Siri. I use it much more than I thought would, I setup all appoinments and send texts through it which is helpful.

Tbh I wouldn't upgrade from my 4 to 4S as I couldnt justify the extra costs for not a lot more.

Whats your battery like, Lisa has just got the 4s and my 4 has a much better battery life.

Is this the norm?, oh and like a child I love swearing at siri some of the combacks are amazing :lol: 'no need for profanity'