Apple iPhone 4S Discussion

What's the deal with upgrading before contracts up etc?! I want!!!

You need to speak to your network provider, some will let you buy out your current contract cheaper. I know O2 are only doing it for customers who pay more than £40 per month.

Hmm a lot of people are only stating the obvious.. HD camera and fast processor, yet they've made changes to the antenna as well. Some seem to ignore this fact. They have made it so one end receives and the other sends.

People were expecting 4G on the phone, but apple have used this new antenna to get faster speeds.

There are LG, samsung, HTC phones out there that are 4G and are claiming 14.4 Mbs download speeds, this is on 4G. And with the new iPhone 4S antenna system apple are claiming 14.4 Mbs on 3G!

Also another interesting fact for Android users, that web browser you're using was built on apples Safari. Apple open sourced safari and Android took it and built 'their' browser around safari.

1,000,000 pre-orders within the first 24 hours for the 4S.

600,000 last year for the 4.

So much for Apple = Fail.

I think the thread title deserves to be changed. 'iPhone 4S Chat'?

1,000,000 pre-orders within the first 24 hours for the 4S.

600,000 last year for the 4.

So much for Apple = Fail.

I think the thread title deserves to be changed. 'iPhone 4S Chat'?

I never ment it sound like an actual "fail"just that they had failed on the aspect of not making that many changes to the handset!

But yeah if a mod could change this to iPhone 4s Chat please :smile:

That wasn't a pop at you by the way, many people have said that the phone wont sell and not many will pay for the upgrade. I bet a lot are doing what I am doing and upgrading from the 3GS.

I know mate and yeah bulk of people I've pre-ordered for at work are 3GS users :wink:
Get to have a go on a 4S tomorrow at my apple conference/training :smile:

this will easily out sell any other phone. Timing is perfect for all the spoilt kids wanting one for christmas, and at £499 its a steal!

Hopefully get mine on Friday =D

this will easily out sell any other phone. Timing is perfect for all the spoilt kids wanting one for christmas, and at £499 its a steal!

Hopefully get mine on Friday =D

White one I hope?

Sadly wont be getting the 4S as my contract still has a bit to go and dont wanna spend money buying it out.

Will have to wait for the 5 me thinks.

That wasn't a pop at you by the way, many people have said that the phone wont sell and not many will pay for the upgrade. I bet a lot are doing what I am doing and upgrading from the 3GS.

Yep, there'll be loads of people who's 2 year contract on a 3GS is up and are waiting for the 4S. There's about 5 of us at work

I've ordered a white 64gb, couldnt believe how cheap it was!

Looking at some of the decal sets available on eBay - they look pretty cool!

On the upside though I'm going to my apple conference or work on the 4S and iOS 5 so I'll try get a few little vids of Siri working and few other bits :smile:

396bc29a.jpg

Does say alot

Bull****. This man changed the world and how we do everything on a day to day basis.

Also, someone like Jade Goody dies and its in the news for years. An epic individual like Steve Jobs dies and it's not even mentioned the day after.