Albi R27 452/500 (UPDATE - 19.02.2017 - The end)

Great update John, and fantastic photos. One of the best looking R27s on here :wink:

Thanks very much [MENTION=51111]jimmyd81[/MENTION], very much appreciated. Cant wait to give it a bit more care and attention now the weathers starting to clear up a bit.

Any more care and attention and there won't be any more cleaning products on the shelf for the rest of us!!! Sterling example of a 197 bro. Well done.

Any more care and attention and there won't be any more cleaning products on the shelf for the rest of us!!! Sterling example of a 197 bro. Well done.

Thanks very much [MENTION=4553]shubz197[/MENTION], still feel theres plenty more to be done though. It might be the small intricate things, but the attention is in the detail :wink:

spot on job as always...how do you find the k-tec exhaust??

I'm still enjoying it to be honest, yes its extremely loud and not to everyones taste but it makes me smile when it pops and bangs, even at 30mph.

haha..glad im not the only one..good job on polishing mate...bet your arm was sore after...it is a great system to have on your car...
will stay tuned for more awesome upgrades:thumbup:

Update 11.03.2015

After having noticed the jubilee clip which held the air filter in place was broken, I took it upon myself to find a more sturdy replacement to deal with the movement in the engine.

927.jpg

The first thing I had to do was remove the broken parts.

What was left of the jubilee clip fixed around the hose.

938.jpg

939.jpg

This was a fit awkward to get out, but lucky enough I was able to get enough of a grip on it with a small pair of vice grips.

940.jpg

941.jpg

What looks like such a weak joint that snapped so easily, in my opinion this is a bad design and clearly wasn’t up to the job it was intended to do.

The hose needs a bit of a clean.

942.jpg

Now with a hole drilled through the old jubilee clip and a larger bolt and washers in place, all I need to do is put everything back where it should be.

943.jpg

Thankfully I had a bendy screwdriver to help reach the back of the jubilee clip.

944.jpg

A lot better looking now, I’ll keep an eye on it though to make sure its not wearing through the hose.

945.jpg

Having a look around the car for other things that need tidied up, I spotted that the paint on the front grills is starting to chip/flake. This will be a job for a later date.

946.jpg

947.jpg

948.jpg

As will jobs like this. One of the brackets in the engine bay that needs some serious attention.

949.jpg

I’ll have to bring the ocd cleaning in here too, I’m not happy with the dirt.

950.jpg

I’ve also noticed that the top of the seatbelt adjuster is rattling again, so having found some sticky foam I thought it was time to replace the thinner double sided tape in a hope that it solves the problem.

951.jpg

952.jpg

Time to get this off…

953.jpg

954.jpg

Cut and ready to be fitted.

955.jpg

956.jpg

957.jpg

958.jpg

Seems to be a lot better now, but I guess like every mod only time will tell if its been a success or not.

As always, comments are welcome.

John
SaveSave

Last edited:
[MENTION=5499]Jmax[/MENTION] I just watched the video of the car on the rollers (not sure how I missed it last time!) That set-up sounds so good!! I want! :001_tt1:

I need to resist temptation, there are other things that need my financial attention first.... :smiley:

When I fitted my ktec induction kit, mine did that, I emailed them and they sent me a new jubilee clip next day delivery. As it happens I didnt keep the kit, so just sent off the new clip to the new owner and old one in the bin. What I did was put cable ties through the clip and around the bracket..

@Jmax I just watched the video of the car on the rollers (not sure how I missed it last time!) That set-up sounds so good!! I want! :001_tt1:

I need to resist temptation, there are other things that need my financial attention first.... :smiley:

Do it [MENTION=51111]jimmyd81[/MENTION] you wont regret it :wink:

When I fitted my ktec induction kit, mine did that, I emailed them and they sent me a new jubilee clip next day delivery. As it happens I didnt keep the kit, so just sent off the new clip to the new owner and old one in the bin. What I did was put cable ties through the clip and around the bracket..

To be honest I'm pretty disappointed with the fact it happened. The jubilee clip clearly isn't up tot he job and sending out replacements doesn't fix the problem. If it happened once it would happen again and again and again with them [MENTION=29138]Chris91[/MENTION]. I'm a lot happier with how mines looking now than I ever was with the clip they supplied.

Yeah it's crap I agree mate. It's a difficult item to fit as it is, makes it even worse having to worry about that. Might be worth you getting a new one sent out if you ever sell the kit though mate.

Thanks for highlighting the issue on the KTec induction kit, John. I must keep an eye on mine when I'm back on the road.

Yeah it's crap I agree mate. It's a difficult item to fit as it is, makes it even worse having to worry about that. Might be worth you getting a new one sent out if you ever sell the kit though mate.

Nah if the kit ever goes for sale I'll include my modified one and explain why its been improved upon [MENTION=29138]Chris91[/MENTION] :wink:

Thanks for highlighting the issue on the KTec induction kit, John. I must keep an eye on mine when I'm back on the road.

Sure you never drive yours hard enough of rate engine to move and cause trouble [MENTION=3002]-Eddie-[/MENTION] :wink: