Albi R27 452/500 (UPDATE - 19.02.2017 - The end)

Update 08.05.2015

Taken from ClioR27.co.uk

While the wheels were away getting refurbished I decided I should take the opportunity to freshen up the locknuts which were starting to show little bits of rust.

First action was to give them a quick cleanup and get rid of any loose paint using a wire brush.

Best place I could find to place them ready for the next stage.

Just one coat of Diall All Surface Primer was applied

Give around 24 hours to dry...

Now it was time for the first coat of black paint.

This is how they looked after the black paint had been given 24 hours to dry.

I was happy with them after the first coat, however I decided to add a second just to be sure I'd got everything.

All complete and now for fitting.

As always, comments are welcome.

John
Gotta love photos of nuts

Update 11.05.2015

While looking for subtle mods to do the Clio I bumped into this one. Replacing the standard rear view mirror with the auto-dimming mirror from a Renault Laguna.

Of course my next stop was eBay to see if I could find one, and I just happened to stumble upon this...

1113.jpg

The standard mirror in the car.

1114.jpg

Trying to figure out the wiring for the new mirror and which of the four wires are the positive and negative.

1115.jpg

After a bit of research it turns out the Black is earth White is Live

Before trying to wire up the mirror I decided I would try a text fit, to see how it looked in the car, This is where things went a bit pear shaped...

1117.jpg

I think as I was removing the mirror I must have twisted it slightly, resulting in the windscreen of the car shattering.

1116.jpg

Fitting of the new mirror is going to have to wait...

Size comparison.

1118.jpg

John
SaveSave

Last edited:
I have just read your whole project thread car looks brilliant great work :smile:

Thanks very much [MENTION=3311]Smith197[/MENTION], I'm pretty happy with how its looking at the moment, just a few more things to go and I'll be out of affordable ideas of what to do it it lol.

Update 19.05.2015

I've been buying even more goodies for the clio, or more specifically the wheels.

First up is an alloy wheel socket set with a nylon protector on the outside to prevent damage to the freshly painted alloy wheels.

1119.jpg

1120.jpg

Next up is something which I may or may not keep on the car depending on how I think they look once fitted, some French flag dust covers.

1121.jpg

While waiting for the windscreen to be replaced so I could finish installing the auto dim mirror, I decided to crack on and sort the wiring out for it.

First up was to sort out what I felt I would need for the job.

1122.jpg

1123.jpg

1124.jpg

1125.jpg

Next up was feeding the wires that would get the power down to the mirror behind the roof lining. This was done with the help of a trusty wire coat hanger.

1126.jpg

Black tape added to stop the wires coming loose when being pulled through.

1127.jpg

Wires now successfully in place.

1128.jpg

Now to sort out the ends of the wires ready for the addition of connections and solder where needed.

IMG]http://www.jmax.co.uk/clio/story/1129.jpg[/IMG]

1130.jpg

Connections added so that the wires can be linked up with the mirror.

1131.jpg

1132.jpg

Now to solder the other end of the wires onto the interior light.

1135.jpg

The yellow wire is the positive and the blue the earth.

1136.jpg

Now onto sorting the wiring of the actual mirror itself.

1133.jpg

White positive and black earth.

1134.jpg

All back in place just waiting for the power to be connected.

1143.jpg

Roll on the windscreen getting replaced, can't wait to try this out and I've heard great reports about it.

John

Last edited:
Update 21.05.2015

Yet again I've been doing some more shopping for the car.

First up something a bit more OCD. The stickers from the engine bay.

1141.jpg

1142.jpg

This is something I've been thinking about buying for a while now, but little did I realise how big it would be to get into the car...

1137.jpg

1138.jpg

1139.jpg

1140.jpg

Many thanks to Eddie at Charles Hurst Renault Newtownards for sorting these out for me.

John
SaveSave

Last edited:
Sorry to see about the window, bet that will cost a bit to replace :worried:

Ah its not too bad [MENTION=29138]Chris91[/MENTION], was £75 through my insurance. Although in saying that its £75 I hadn't really planned on spending to change the mirror lol.

ohh very nice..what splitter is it???presuming it is one..

Yea it is [MENTION=41063]Pav[/MENTION], its just the aftermarket Renault Sport one, been tempted to get one for so long and finally bit the bullet.

Looks really good. I need one of those splitters for sure!

Thanks [MENTION=51033]matthewson[/MENTION], it was an expensive purchase, but will be so worth it. All I need to do now is talk myself into the matching side skirts lol.

Update 22.05.2015

Taken from ClioR27.co.uk

I bumped into this tip for possibly helping to get rid of the flat spot and kangarooing that the Clios suffer from on Clio197.net. Yes I've had mine remapped but it doesn't completely get rid of the flat spot, so I thought I'd give this a go to see if it helps.

[video=youtube;flbk_LESruc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=flbk_LESruc[/video]

Only time will tell if it's worked or not.

John

Update 23.05.2015

As you know I recently bought the stickers for the engine bay of the Clio.

The old stickers have definitely seen better days.

1187.jpg

1188.jpg

Well it was time to finally get around to fitting them, so first step was to strip off the old stickers.

1189.jpg

1190.jpg

Time for some methylated spirits to clean up the sticky mess left by the old stickers.

1191.jpg

Nice and tidy.

1192.jpg

1193.jpg

The new stickers ready to be put in place.

1194.jpg

Application time...

1201.jpg

1203.jpg

I'm sure you'll agree it was money well spent as they look 100 times better than the old tattered stickers.

1202.jpg

1204.jpg

John

Last edited:
Good idea John, and yet another example of that attention to detail (or should I say OCD :wink: )

One of the best cars on here :smile:

Really like what you're doing with this! Just checked my MAP sensor and it has a lot of movement so I will definitely be adding some cable ties to that! [MENTION=5499]Jmax[/MENTION]