Albi R27 452/500 (UPDATE - 19.02.2017 - The end)

Awesome car man.
Helpful thread too...

Quick question:
How did you get your rubbers so smooth above the heko wind deflectors?

Mine make this ghastly bump where the catching clips are situated.

Any advice?

Awesome car man.
Helpful thread too...

Quick question:
How did you get your rubbers so smooth above the heko wind deflectors?

Mine make this ghastly bump where the catching clips are situated.

Any advice?

Thanks very much.

I think the bumps in the rubbers is just down to luck of where you choose to place the clips. I'll get a few more details pics of both frames to show you where I placed the clips tomorrow. Other than that I just treated the rubbers with Auto Finesse Revive.

John

UPDATE 17.03.2013

Just a small update for [MENTION=4553]shubz197[/MENTION] as he asked where I’d placed the clips for my wind deflectors as they hadn’t really created any bumps in the window rubbers.

Passenger Side

There were three clips used for the wind deflector on the passenger side.

This clip could possibly have been done with being moved more toward the pillar as there is a slight movement in the wind deflector, but its not really worth the hassle to correct it.

209.jpg

208.jpg

207.jpg

Driver Side

Surprisingly I have only used one clip on the driver side. I thought I’d used more and through the week I’ll add a couple more to secure it a bit more.

210.jpg

As you can see below thankfully the clips haven’t affected the rubbers too badly but they are still visible.

211.jpg

I did also treat the rubbers with Auto Finesse Revive, not sure if it made that much of a difference, but it can't have done them any harm.

John
SaveSave

Last edited:
UPDATE 01.04.2013

So things have been a bit quite over the past two to three weeks on the clio front as I've been laid up with a bad back. But with basically being restricted to the house I've been spending a bit more time on eBay looking for random odds and ends to add to the clio.

A sight thats common to most 197 owners.

212.jpg

My latest purchase.

213.jpg

I'm not 100% sure I needed this as I have no spare wheel in the car to change over if I get a flat, but at least the tool kit in the boot is not complete.

214.jpg

John

Last edited:
UPDATE 10.04.2013

Yesterday saw me finally getting around to touching in some of the stone chips on the R27. I'd waiting off until now in the hope the temperature would rise a bit and thankfully it did.

215.jpg

216.jpg

217.jpg

218.jpg

Unfortunately due to the typical Northern Irish weather when I woke up this morning it was raining, so applying the lacquer will have to wait.

New Addition

Not happy with just the R27 around the house we also added this two year old 200RS with just 847 miles.

219.jpg

There will be a thread coming for it very soon I'm sure.

John

Last edited: