Albi R27 452/500 (UPDATE - 19.02.2017 - The end)

Cool airfreshner. I assume they stick to the underside has sticky stuff to stick to dashboard?

UPDATE 11.01.2013

So today saw the postman bringing yet more goodies for the R27, this time in the form of LED’s to replace the interior, glove box, boot, splash and number plate lights.

25.jpg

I’ve fitted the interior and slash lights so far and I’m over the moon with them. Pictures to follow.

As you can see from the pictures below I have managed to reduce the white spots on the stickers. After plenty of searching someone suggested that I try and use Autoglym Fast Glass and a scrubbing brush on them. I tried this and then applied a cost of Auto Finesse Revive and all appears to be fine so far, so fingers crossed.

21.jpg

22.jpg

Today also saw me getting my new Pioneer DEH-X9500 Bluetooth head unit fitted.

Before
23.jpg

I decided to go for this head unit because it had the built in Bluetooth as I felt there was no where to really mount the Parrott 3200 Bluetooth kid I already owned that would look passable. As you can see I have also fitted the Megane surround, which is painted silver to match in with the surround on the climate control.

After
24.jpg

Also the paperwork finally came through allowing me to put my cherished plate onto the R27, I think you’ll agree it looks great on the car.

19.jpg

20.jpg

I’d love to hear what you think of everything I’ve done to the car so far, and also if you have any questions please feel free to ask away.

John

Last edited:
So looks like 25 all round is perfect John! Could even squeeze a 30 rear if you wanted

Nice updates too :smile:

So looks like 25 all round is perfect John! Could even squeeze a 30 rear if you wanted

Nice updates too :smile:

Lol I've decided against putting any on at the moment, I just want to enjoy the car as it is. That might change in the future though, but not for a year or two.

Lol I've decided against putting any on at the moment, I just want to enjoy the car as it is. That might change in the future though, but not for a year or two.

If you're selling them then shotgun 1st dibs :smiley::smiley:

The stickers have come out really well mate too, massive difference!

UPDATE 12.01.2013

Today saw the postman bringing yet another delivery for the Clio (yes I am struggling to keep track of everything I’ve bought for it). This time he brought with him black wheel nuts.

26.jpg

I’m not sure what to do about the lock nut. I know McGard do a black lock nut, but I really don’t want to pay the stupid amount their wanting for them.

Also I was happy to see my membership pack arriving in the post.

27.jpg

The lanyard has already taken pride of place on my keys and the stickers and tax disc holder will be added to the car when it gets its next wash.

John

Last edited:
UPDATE 13.01.2013

This morning saw me making a trip to somewhere I absolutely hate, Halfords. But it was a trip that had to be made; as I had to buy myself new mini blade fuses so I can replace the one that had blown while changing the number plate lights.

28.jpg

Always a nice way to start of a Sunday morning.

John

Last edited:
UPDATE 17.01.2013

Yesterday saw another big decision being made.

I had a bit of money left from buying the car and I decided instead of spending in on something stupid that I would be sensible and buy a set of front tyres with it.

So the question came around, which tyres to replace the existing Continental Sport Contact 5’s with?

So I decided to not rock the boat and to just stick with Continental Sport Contact 5’s again as I haven’t been able to fault them so far.

So even though the tyres on the car don’t need changed just yet I now have a spare set for when the rubber on the car needs changed.

29.JPG

30.JPG

This morning I was at a bit of a loose end and the weather wasn’t really that great so couldn’t justify washing the car yet again, so instead I decided to grease the wheel nuts on the car as I could nearly guarantee it had never been done.

31.jpg

John

Last edited:
UPDATE 21.01.2013

So while I was replacing the standard 501 bulbs on the car for led bulbs I managed to do this.

32.jpg

So I went onto eBay to see if I could find a replacement and lucky enough I stumbled across one. Its arrived in this mornings post and I was happily surprised to see it was brand new and still in the original packaging.

33.jpg

34.jpg

This time around I took special care to remove the clear lens part of the light, as I really didn’t want to risk breaking another one.

35.jpg

Also in this mornings post was my touch up paint which I had ordered from The Scratch Doctor.

36.jpg

Due to the weather I haven’t had a chance to try it out and see how close the colour match is, but I will let you all know once I have tested the paint.

John

Last edited:
UPDATE 27.01.2013

So while changing the glove box light bulb to a new LED blub I managed to blow the fuse. Of course Renault being Renault didn’t make it easy to access this bulb. In the fuse panel below the glove box this is one of the top two fuses, which just happens to be inaccessible through the hatch. I was stressing out about how I would get it sorted as not only had it stopped all interior lights working, but it had also stopped the rear wiper from working (yes I know, typical French wiring).

I them found a post online telling me to do the following:

Remove the trim to the left of the steering wheel.
37.jpg

Pull the panel away from the dash.
38.jpg

And there you have it, access to the fuses.
39.jpg

Fuse changed, everything was working again.

Highlight of my weekend was getting the R27 up to 37.3mpg. This is the highest I’ve managed to get since picking the car up at the start of December.
40.jpg

Yesterday the postman brought me yet another parcel. This time it was some Philips Silver Vision indicator bulbs.
41.jpg

Onto the fitting…

Before
42.JPG

43.JPG

After
44.jpg

45.jpg

While having the glove box out to fix the cable you my iPhone to the head unit I also thought I would try and fix the annoying rattling that sometimes comes from the glove box. I read somewhere that the rattling was being caused by glovebox vibrating against the metal bracket which it clips into.
46.jpg

47.JPG

So I added some padding to the clip on the back of the glove box.
48.jpg

I guess only time will tell if its worked or not.

John

Last edited: