Albi R27 452/500 (UPDATE - 19.02.2017 - The end)

Pt.2

175.jpg

176.jpg

The finished car.

177.jpg

There are a few minor things that still need looked at like the stone chips, but I’m happy to leave them until around Easter time, when the roads are hopefully in a better condition and the chance of getting more stone chips decreases.

Thanks for reading and any comments or questions you have are more than welcome.

John

Last edited:
Looking good mate. I washed mine and sealed it today, can't beat a shiny looking car! Now you have to drive it and get it dirty again !

UPDATE 07.03.2013

Things have been a bit quiet on the Clio front over the past week or so, I’ve mainly just been driving and enjoying it. However over the past couple of days it has rained, which has given me the chance to grab a couple of beading shots.

178.jpg

179.jpg

Also today I felt it was about time that I changed my California Scents air freshener. I opted to go for Golden State Delight as the replacement of the Orange which I’d originally had.

180.jpg

I had the orange placed in the front cup holders, but part of me thinks it would be better placed in the cup holder between the Recaros.

181.jpg

182.jpg

Where do you think it would be better situated?

John

Last edited:
Ive never thought about the rear cup holder, great idea!

Nice beading shots too :smile:

Thanks very much Chris. To me the rear cup holder just makes more sense to spread the smell evenly around the car. Plus its closer to your nose than the front cup holder.

Yeah more even with it being in the middle. I need to order some more of those CS, think they are fantastic value for money if you buy them off ebay. Think you can get 6 for £10

Rear cup holder is where mine was. It's a horrible American bubblegum smell, got rid of it after a few days. Repulsive! Might try another one though, maybe the Newport new car?

You know the black lid is meant to stay on it, yeah? :tongueout:

You know the black lid is meant to stay on it, yeah? :tongueout:

If there had have been a black lid to put on it, it would be there. But of course you'd have noticed that from my earlier post in which I received the air fresheners :wink:

If there had have been a black lid to put on it, it would be there. But of course you'd have noticed that from my earlier post in which I received the air fresheners :wink:

Lol. Was reading the pictures!!

Not finding the smell too sickly yet?

I've got my ccs pot under the drivers seat facing the blower... So when I want more smell I just turn the foot blower up :smiley:

UPDATE 13.03.2013

First off here’s another beading shot I forgot to include in my previous update.

183.jpg

Ok due to the weather being a bit on the dodgy side this week, between snow and rain showers the Clio has had a bit of a rough time of it and has looked in better shape.

184.jpg

185.jpg

186.jpg

187.jpg

188.jpg

189.jpg

190.jpg

191.jpg

192.jpg

194.jpg

I didn’t think I was that hard on my EZ Detail wheel brush but unfortunately during todays clean it died on me.

195.jpg

196.jpg

197.jpg

And the replacement, a Valet Pro long reach brush. It’ll be interesting to see how long this one lasts.

198.jpg

As you may have noticed on a couple of my previous updates, since I had the wheels off to clean them I haven’t had the lock nuts back in place.

193.jpg

And this is the reason why.

200.jpg

In typical Renault fashion the lock nut key is made from jelly and has cracked.

201.jpg

Also the key thread has seen better days.

202.jpg

Bring on the new replacements, McGard Black Edition. These will hopefully last a lot better than the standard Renault rubbish.

203.jpg

204.jpg

205.jpg

I’m over the moon with how they look along side the nut caps.

206.jpg

John

Last edited:
looking great :thumbup:

i always torque the locking bolts to approx 110nm and not the 140nm of the other bolts...

looking great :thumbup:

i always torque the locking bolts to approx 110nm and not the 140nm of the other bolts...

lol I have no idea what their done too. I just tighten them until they feel tight enough ;/.