330mm big brake kit

Personally I wouldn't bother at all with a used brake kit...I'd rather pay the extra bit and get it brand new.

Sorry to drag up an old thread, I came across this whilst researching two piece discs.

I think there is a lot of confusion regarding 'floating' discs on here. I have a pal at Jamsport with 'proper' 'floating' discs on his Honda Civic. Yes they make noise as the discs are loosley bolted to the bell, or should I say they are tightly bolted but there is room for the disc to move on the bell so it rattles in effect. I'd never seen it before and was surprised as it sounds heinous because of the rubbing noise they emit, but apparently it's what proper race cars have to avoid heat transfer to the hub. As FMP said on page 2, the Ktech comes with a large round spacer (what looks a giant washer almost) which filles the gap created by the longer bolt and means the discs are tightly bolted to the bell, therefore no movement / noise. I always assumed floating discs was just a term used when they were bolted to an alloy bell, but it turns out they really do 'float' loosely.

Taken from a brake website. This is for motorbikes but the same must be true of cars. Feel free to correct me if i'm wrong!

What is Full-Floating?

Full floating rotors, such as were originally conceived, were designed to reduce the tendency towards thermal stress induced distortion due to uneven thermal expansion under load. Prior to the introduction (by Brembo) of this design, brake rotors in the motorcycle industry were simply round discs bolted solidly to the wheel. You may remember if you've been around long enough, the rotors on the early CB750 and Z-1's were nearly 7mm thick and weighed accordingly. This was in effort to keep them from warping. Now days, the only road bikes coming through with solid mount (front) brakes are the Cruisers and budget bikes.

Today's Sportbikes abound with trick features and hardware in every nook and cranny. Brakes too. The brake rotors on them work remarkably well considering their mass-produced (read: stamped) manufacturing process. These are technically semi-floaters as the outer SS blade is nearly bolted solid to the carrier via the stamped stainless steel rivets.
True full-floaters move on the carriers, this allows them to self-center in the caliper for reduced brake drag and "float" unimpeded for unrestricted expansion and contraction during repeated thermal cycling. The only serious down side is a bit of rattle that reminds you these are indeed full-floaters.
Does all this guarantee they won't distort under severe duty conditions? No, unfortunately, there's precious few guarantee's these days. But they do perform as advertised in improving overall braking performance while significantly reducing that distortion tendency.